Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

1st Anniversary

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Randy Dickow, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Randy Dickow

Randy Dickow Donating Member Donating Member

Today marks the first anniversary of departing SJPdP for Santiago. I have dreamed often of my journey and the people I met along the way. Just ahead of me (and we met along the way) was Woodchild. I started with Babs44 whom I met on the train to SJPdP and we had several enjoyable days on The Way.
    I'd love to go again, but life (and a wife!) dictate otherwise. I'd love to do the North Route, maybe for my 75th birthday in 2020. Hope springs eternal. Buen Camino all!

Greg Canning, hindsfeet, RJS and 4 others like this.
  2. Sally Langerman

Sally Langerman New Member

I'm back just 3 months and love scrolling through my photos dreaming of my days spent on The Way! Gosh, how quickly life swallow you in again afterwards!! Also really wanting to do another route another day...I think it gets into your blood this Camino!!!

3. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Randy -Wonderful post! I really think that it is all about the people we meet along The Way. Without the interactions with our fellow pilgrims and those who live were we come to travel, it would just be another long walk. Lots of physical and psychological challenges along the Camino, but my interactions with others were the most rewarding aspects of walking.

And Sally, it does get in your blood! I'm now in the process of planning my third Camino this coming spring (plane tickets already purchased). As much as I look forward to returning to the CF, there are other routes that I want to walk first. So, next up is the Inglés. Very excited to step upon new ground. There are no bad Caminos for the pilgrim to explore! Buen Camino!

4. Babs44

Babs44 Member

Hi Randy, I never got the chance to thank you for your company in the first few days of the Camino so thank you, it was lovely to meet you. The Way is never far from my thoughts and my life has changed completely since walking it. I would love to go back and hopefully you will fulfil your ambitions to return too. Buen Camino everyone!