Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

A Glimpse Of A Coruña Beach And Tower Of Hercules

Discussion in 'Camino Ingles' started by Laurie Ferris, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris The Camino Provides

Home Page:
    I was in A Coruña before my Camino Inglés for a much needed beach day. I got to climb to the top of the oldest lighthouse still in operation, the Tower of Hercules, now a UNESCO World Heritage site. I love being surrounded by water. This video was captured on May 28, 2017. I'm sure the beach is covered with sunbathing bodies and people frolicking in the waves now. It was just a peaceful slice of serenity for me and for that I am grateful. Voy al volver.

I am going through all my photos and notes and will be sharing my Camino Inglés Route Report at https://thecaminoprovides.com/2017/05/31/camino-ingles-2017/

2. oldman

oldman Oldman Donating Member

If it is the oldest working lighthouse when was it built?

Laurie Ferris likes this.
  3. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris The Camino Provides

Home Page:
    Hi Oldman. According to the UNESCO site, "The Tower of Hercules has served as a lighthouse and landmark at the entrance of La Coruña harbour in north-western Spain since the late 1st century A.D. when the Romans built the Farum Brigantium."

I just published a detailed post about it at:
    https://thecaminoprovides.com/2017/07/15/the-tower-of-hercules/

4. oldman

oldman Oldman Donating Member

Have a look at the Hook Lighthouse ,someone must be twisting the facts

Laurie Ferris likes this.