Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Accommadation In Porto

Discussion in 'The Camino Portugues' started by Anner, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Anner

Anner New Member

Hi all. I am starting the PCWORLD on the 9th July. I arrive in Porto around 4pm on 7th. Can someone assist me on where to stay for the night, which is close to the start of the route. I am on a budget.

2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hi Anner - Here is a website that I think you will find helpful. As you will see, there are a number of budget friendly accomodations for the pilgrim.

https://www.gronze.com/etapa/porto/vilarinho

The two specific ones that I had checked into earlier this spring when we were in Porto were:

Porto Downtown Hostel

Porto Lounge Hostel

As you will see, you can reserve a bed online at both of these. They're both in the historical district of Porto and close to the Camino depending on which route you decide to take out of the city. Bom Caminho!

3. toadoftoadhall

toadoftoadhall Member

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    There would appear to be a lack of good budget type accommodation in Porto, But after extensive web- searching I found the Andarilho Hostel. Centrally located and with good metro links (Direct metro from the airport to within an easy stroll of the hostel) this made a very good choice,
    Beds from 15 euro in 6 / 8 / 10 person dormitories, Bed linen and towels provided in the price, Good showers and toilets and lockers for your more valuable items (Key from reception for a small deposit)
    I thought a Good Choice for Porto and it now offers 10% discount to pilgrims
    No Curfew

Website - http://www.urcamino.com/camino-portugues/porto/andarilho

Address: Andarilho Oporto Hostel. Rua da Firmeza nº 364. 4000 Porto

Directions: Arriving by metro:
    Exit on the Bolhão stop. Turn to Rua Santa Catarina street (main shopping street), turn left, walk up and turn on the first to the right, Rua da Firmeza street, we are at the top left corner (brown/yellow door). 5 minutes walking.

Phone: 351222012073