1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accomodation in St. Jean Pied de Port

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by Annaree, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Annaree

Annaree Guest

Hi,

I will be arrive St. Jean Pied de Port roughly at 10.30 at night. Can anyone please suggest a good hostel that I can book that would be able to accomodate my arrival time as I believe most hostels close at 10pm ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Annaree

2. Covey

Covey Active Member

3. kodo

kodo Guest

Dear Annaree,

I will stay at “L’Esprit du Chemin” on June 19th. I contacted them by email and they were *very* responsive. Being way too optimistic on my connection plane->train, I realized that my planning had been, yes you've guessed it, hmm, let's say *optimistic*:) Called them up and they swiftly re-arranged the booking 'til the day after. No glitches! As I mentioned they seem to be very friendly and "service minded" and I've read alot of positive comments about them.

I do believe they'll be able to accomodate you although you arrive late. Just make sure that they're aware of this fact...

Take care!
    /Peter
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  4. costaki

costaki New Member

Outside of late arrivals do pilgrims have to 'book' or call ahead for a place in the albergues? or hostels?

Costa

5. Covey

Covey Active Member

Some book using the list on:

Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

I never have, and have never had a proplem. The Pilgrim Office is the first port of call and they will give you a simple map of where the various albergues are. I always stay at the same one as it is tucked away and always has room.

6. loneranger

loneranger New Member

Hi, is it usually ok to arrive in July in St Jean without a booking and find a bed easily? Thanks!

7. Covey

Covey Active Member

I have not had a problem in July before, so just go first to the Pilgrim Office to get your Pilgrim Passport if you have not already obtained one, and they will give you a list of places offering a bed for the night and a map of where they are.

8. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
  9. loneranger

loneranger New Member

Thanks Covey....I won't bother trying to book if it is usually ok....Leslie, the pis are great...getting pretty excited!