1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advanced reservations/booking

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by blueplanet, Jan 21, 2013.

1. blueplanet

blueplanet Guest

Hi everyone,

I am planning my first pilgrimage on the Camino Frances from mid-April to the end of May/beginning of June 2013, going from SJPDP to Finisterre. It's coming up quick and I have a lot of details to plan! First and foremost is getting there from the USA which I have already begun to research but welcome any advice. Second thing is, and forgive me if this is a total newbie question, but do I need to make advanced reservations at any of the albergues? I am specifically thinking that I would need to make one for staying the night in SJPDP before beginning the first stage to Roncevalles and then also for staying in Santiago for a couple of days. In SJPDP I have heard great things about L'Esprit de Chemin and believe that would be a good way to begin. I am not sure about albergues along the route though or ones in the places where I am thinking of staying for a couple of days, Pamplona and Leon.

Should I book anything in advance then or is it even necessary for the time of year I am going?

Thank you!

2. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    You'll do well to reserve for the first night's stay. Thereafter you can reserve at private albergues (municipal and parroquial albergues don't take reservations) when you have figured out your timing for the day. Don't try to reserve too far ahead. Note that the Camino Franc├ęs has many albergues along the route and you'll find a bed without rushing or worrying.:) In Santiago you can stay at various places (there now is a new albergue "The last stamp") without limitation to length of stay.

3. grayland

grayland Member

Make the first night reservation at the very popular L'Esprit.
    if you plan to stop at Orrison the second night...better make that now also as it fills up early.
    No need to make any other reservation.
    Reservations really restrict your ability to adjust your daily schedule. You will walk to walk more or walk less on some days. Reservations keep you from being spontaneous.

4. lesley

lesley New Member

Hi

I have just joined this site. I am an English lady with a French husband and we recently moved to a property near Figeac on the Le Puy route. We would like to offer accommodation to pilgrims however I cannot find a site on the internet. Could you possible give me some advice We have a lovely home in a very quiet and isolated spot with no near neighbours just off the d40 at NAUSSAC.

Many thanks

Regards

Lesley

5. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    JFK likes this.