1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice Please

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by vibrantlyme, Aug 15, 2017.

1. vibrantlyme

vibrantlyme New Member

Can anyone help please?
    I am starting the Camino on 31st August and had planned to have my pack transported all the way as I am unable to carry much weight because of back problems.
    However I just found out today that the 2 companies (Correos and Jacotran( only transfer packs from Roncesvalle.

Does anyone know how I can get my pack to Orisson first day and then to Roncesvalle without having to carry it myself? I'm so disappointed to learn this and very thankful that I decided to contact these 2 companies beforehand.

2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Vibrantlyme - I don't think you need to be worried about this. Contact Express Bourricot through their website:

http://www.expressbourricot.com/luggage-transport/

In SJPP, they're located near the Pilgrim's Office. They can get your pack to both Orisson and Roncesvalles.

From there On, JacoTrans is great. They'll grab your pack daily at your albergue and deliver it on to your next destination. I've used the service and they are highly reliable and offer a great service at a very reasonable price.

Buen Camino!

3. vibrantlyme

vibrantlyme New Member

4. vibrantlyme

vibrantlyme New Member

Thanks so much for that Wily! You've have made my day. Very relieved!!! :)

5. NOQ1015

NOQ1015 Member

Hi Wily, Thanks for this information. I too may need a bag transfer to Orisson and Roncesvalles (sore knee and I'm leaving on Thursday). I have reservations at both locations. However, if I need JacoTrans, should I call ahead to an albergue and make reservations or just ask them to drop my bags at a specific albergue and hope there's a bed when I arrive. How does it work? Thanks again.

Wily likes this.
  6. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey NOQ - The system of baggage transport works quite well along the Camino using JacoTrans. At the albergue, you will find a JackTrans envelop to attach to your pack/luggage. Generally, it's 5/7€ per bag. On the tag, you'll indicate where you want your bag delivered. I would just check with the hospitalero to make sure where to leave it, probably by the front desk or reception. JacoTrans will pick it up in the morning and deliver it to your specified location. What I did on a number of occasions was to ask the hospitalero to call ahead for me and reserve a bed. I found that having the reservation allowed me greater flexibility for taking my time to get to the albergue without rushing just to get there while beds were still available. Remember, this only works with the private albergues as the municipales to not accept reservations. After you do it a time or two you'll be an old pro! Buen Camino!

7. NOQ1015

NOQ1015 Member

Hi Wily, Thank for the reassurance. Buen Camino!

8. austyn

austyn New Member

Hi - I am walking from SJPP in September to Pamplona - I have just booked my luggage all the way with Jacotrans?

Wily and UnkleHammy like this.