1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albergues In France -sellos And Kitchens ...

Discussion in 'Le Puy en Velay to Santiago de Compostela' started by Snowwhite, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Snowwhite

Snowwhite Member

Hi

This may be a really random question but does the Camino in France have the same culture of stamps as the Camino Frances? I read they are called tampons rather than sellos but I wonder if the albergues have a similar thing of individually designed logos.

The other question is about hostels with kitchens. When I walked the CF in 2016 the pilgrim office in SJPP gave me a listing which showed me if there was a kitchen that I could use to cook my own food. My current guide book doesn't give me much information on that at all :(.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Martin (Ozzy) Osborne likes this.
  2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I can only be of very limited “Help” on this thread as I have only walked a few days in France on The Camino Frances and The Camino Aragones

But from what I saw, getting a daily Sello wasn’t a problem.

The only other input I have is that on The Camino Aragones, we walked for a few days with a young German Guy who had started his Camino in Le Puy and he told us that there were (At that time) very few Albergue’s and that he had written to priests along the route and they provided him with free accommodation and in many cases food too.

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

UnkleHammy and Snowwhite like this.