1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albergues In November To Early December

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by ChristopherX, Oct 7, 2017.

1. ChristopherX

ChristopherX New Member

Hello,
    For walking the Camino in November to early December, I was wondering if anyone knows of a reliable (ie. up to date) source of information regarding which albergues will be open. Perhaps the true spirit of the pilgrim is simply to take each day as it comes but for me, attempting to plan an itinerary for the walk - however tentatively - is going to help to quieten my fears. People say (a) that many albergues will have closed by that time, (b) that there will be progressively less daylight available for each day's walk and (c) that November typically gets a lot of rain along the Camino (making basic clothes drying facilities quite important). Thank you for any help you can give me. Christopher

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Christopher

I used the little guidebooks published by The Confraternity of Saint James https://www.csj.org.uk/product/camino-de-santiago-pilgrim-guides-camino-frances-2017/

And found these to provide incredibly accurate information on what accommodation is available where

You should check for recent updates at https://www.csj.org.uk/planning-your-pilgrimage/csj-guides-and-updates/

I backed this up with printouts from Mundicamino (Day by Day) – Here is a link to stage one http://www.mundicamino.com/los-cami...ean-pied-de-port/roncesvalles/tipo/albergues/

In addition to this, accommodation lists are available at The Pilgrims Office (Where you buy your credentials) in Saint James Pied de Port.

Finally, https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/“all”-albergues-on-the-camino-frances-in-one-pdf.10/ has an updated accommodation list

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

PS - Although it is quite a while ago, I started my own Camino Frances from Saint Jean Pied de Port on 6th October and walked, initially to Fromista, arriving there on 21st October – From there I went home, but returned to Fromista 2 years later to complete my Camino.

The weather was superb as far as Burgos with very little rain, but after Burgos things changed dramatically with a cold rain that turned the paths into Mud – And a Thick Gluttonous Mud that stuck to the soles of our boots making them heavier and Heavier with each step, so every few yards we had to stop to attempt to clean them and this was very tiring and made progress very slow.

Here, your concerns about drying clothes came true as the Albergue’s we sated had limited clothes drying facilities and either limited heating or none at all :-(

So apart from checking whether Albergue’s will be open, you might also want to try to find out what facilities they provide for drying clothes and whether they have any heating :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    danvo, Galloglaigh and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. ChristopherX

ChristopherX New Member

Thank you very much indeed for all this information.

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    No Problem Christopher, Pleased to be of help.

Hopefully someone else who has walked the route at a similar time of year more recently than me will come along and give you more up to date information, but until then, at last you have a few links to browse :)

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

danvo likes this.