1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Albergues In Transit To/from Camino

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by BROWNCOUNTYBOB, Aug 9, 2016.

1. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

During our planned camino next year, we will spend a night in Pamplona on our way to SJDPD. So this will be before we actually start our camino and check in at the SJPDP pilgrim's office. Does anyone know whether it is possible to stay in an albergue before actually starting the camino? We will not have walked, and not have collected our first sello.

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Bob

As long as you have your Credentials, I don’t see any reason that you wouldn’t be allowed to stay in the Refugio at Pamplona – Just explain to the Hosptalario exactly the same as you have on here and I am sure that you will be OK :)

After all, it isn’t really that different to people staying at Refugio’s who choose to walk back after completing their pilgrimage, and I have come across quite a few people doing that !!

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Bob - Rob is correct, there shouldn't be any reason you wouldn't be allowed to stay there. If you don't already have your Credencial, pick it up in Pamplona as a number of pilgrims start their Comino from there.

One of my favorite albergues on the Camino was in Pamplona. I stayed at the Albergue Plaza Catedral. It can also be reserved at Booking.com. It's relatively new and thus has very modern facilities. Best of all, it had a couple of hospitaleros who were my favorites of all those I met in my travels.

RJS likes this.
  4. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

Thanks both for your comments. We will have our credentials so will consider this if we decide to stay at an albergue in transit to SJPDP rather than a hotel.