Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Anyone Else With This Strange Experience?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jose, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Active Member

Hey Hindy just a note you mentioned walking once and eating and wine three times. Whats going on.;)

hindsfeet likes this.
  2. Kim Federici

Kim Federici Active Member

You are a 'rock' and a font of such support for so many of us. Am now waiting only for a response from Orrison. Others are booked and I liked your rec for the mix of hostel and private. I have bought titanium earplugs from Flare which I hope will increase my ability to deal with dorms. I do snore as well but don't wake myself up...

Wily likes this.
  3. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Donating Member Donating Member

Oh, you noticed!! Ha...burning a lot of calories walking you know! Terry, thanks for letting the world know!! :D

4. NOQ1015

NOQ1015 New Member

Agreed !!!! Wily you are the best! I now have reservations in SJPP, Orisson and Ronscesvalles. The rest I will take day by day...I think. Been walking about 10 miles each day with weight on my back. Got my 1st blister and am learning how to take care of it NOW, instead of then. All on your advice:) Thanks so much Wily! You are a rock star:)

hindsfeet and Kim Federici like this.
  5. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Kim - You'll really be glad to have those earplugs. It's amazing how they block out so much noise/snoring! I found that being good and tired after a day of walking, not to mention a filling pilgrim's meal with a couple nice glasses of Rioja, that I needed nothing more than a bed (along with my earplugs) to get a good night's rest and be ready for an early departure the next morning. Some dorms are nicer than others, but, in general, not a bad experience at all and the camaraderie that develops makes it all the more tolerable. Buen Camino!

hindsfeet likes this.
  6. Jose

Jose Member

I eventually called Orisson to be sure they had actually received my email. For Roncevalles I could not get their website to accept a payment, so I called them, too, and had them write down the credit card stuff and then I got confirmations from both places. Slow but it worked!

Wily likes this.
  7. Canadian Wander

Canadian Wander Well-Known Member

My wife tells me that I bore people with my Camino stories...imagine that! This set my life back in order, second only to meeting and marrying my beautiful bride after a long and difficult military career.
    Some days I have very clear memories of certain sections of the walk- how I felt, how the trail was, what I ate... very odd.

hindsfeet likes this.
  8. NOQ1015

NOQ1015 New Member

I spoke with someone at La Posada in Roncevalles, left all my info and have not received confirmation yet. Perhaps naive but I am trusting it went through.

9. Kim Federici

i just sent a 3d email to Orrison. Got my Roncesvalles and SJPP acceptances very quickly...and actually Orrison is the one I most want/need! So let's see what the Camino thinks!

NOQ1015 likes this.
  10. Jose

Jose Member

Thanks, Daniel. Sounds familiar!

danvo and Kim Federici like this.
  11. Jose

Jose Member

Kim, I hope we meet. We will see!

12. Jose

Jose Member

I think I got anxious and actually called them. You might try that. They were extremely friendly and then I got a confirmation immediately.

13. Jose

Jose Member

I will be there, too, the 16th and planning on leaving for an easy start the next day to Orisson.

14. Mary Ellen Carvel

Mary Ellen Carvel New Member

My husband and I are walking our second Camino in mid September. We leave St. Jean on September 22nd. Perhaps we will meet on the way somewhere.

Greg Canning likes this.
  15. Jose

Jose Member

So experienced pilgrims! This is my first time. I will leave, inshalla, Saint Jean Pied de Port on September 17. Hope we meet!

Greg Canning likes this.
  16. Starshine

Starshine New Member

I have been wanting to undertake this journey for 10 years. Next year I turn 50 and I am determined to make this my gift to myself. I am quivering with anticipation already!

17. Kim Federici

I love the gifting we do for ourselves, especially when we feel life holds a shift for us. Counting down with folks from the forum and some training and gathering up what you want to take and then sorting it down to what you need, and so on, is all part of it. Have great fun and we will all stay in touch

hindsfeet, Greg Canning, Jose and 2 others like this.
  18. Jose

Jose Member

I completely know what you mean! And it's a great 50th birthday gift. Mine isn't a birthday gift, but just a sudden realization that at 74 I should not hesitate too long!!

hindsfeet and Greg Canning like this.
  19. Jose

Jose Member

Me too. Arrive hopefully on the first local train from Bayonne in the morning of the 16th. Plan to leave for Orisson on the 17th