Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Anyone Used Black Wolf Tempo 40 Litre ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ampiji, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Ampiji

Ampiji New Member

Am thinking of buying Black Wolf Tempo 40 litres rucksack which is lightweight & reasonably priced for my Camino next year. Would love to hear from anyone who has either used one or can offer an opinion on it re lightweight/ durability etc. Also, I am taking a smaller day pack & any advice how to carry it along with my bigger pack would be great !

UnkleHammy likes this.
  2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Ampiji - Although I wasn't familiar with this backpack until this morning, what I've read about it now sounds like it would work fine for you. The 40L pack will be more than adequate for what you need to take and the fact that this pack only weighs 1 kg is great.

Ideally, you live in a location where you can try on this pack. Fit is so important! My wife and I both use Osprey 36L packs. I mention this only because we were able to pick packs that nicely fit each of us. For women there is the Sirrus model that comes in two sizes: XS/S and S/M. Similarly for men, there is the Stratos in S/M and M/L. Both of these packs are about a pound heavier than the Black Wolf, but for us, proper fit was more important than weight (we compensated elsewhere to keep our loads light). As my wife is only 5'2", the smaller pack fits her quite nicely. As you will be walking many days and many kilometers, a proper fitting pack is essential. Buen Camino!

El Condor 2014 and Greg Canning like this.
  3. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

I recommend that whatever pack you decide to use, use it in your your walking training before you head out on the Camino. When you are on the Camino, equipment problems are more difficult to fix.

Greg Canning and danvo like this.