Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Arriving In Ferrol On A Saturday.

Discussion in 'Camino Ingles' started by Tim15, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Tim15

Tim15 New Member

I'm arriving in Ferrol on a Saturday morning @10am on an overnight bus and hope to get 2 stamps on my credential card which I already have.
    I hear the Tourist office in Ferrol will be closed for the weekend. I was wondering does the nearby church Iglesia de San Francisco stamp credentials on a weekend day or is that also closed?.

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. Tim15

Tim15 New Member

Thanks RJS for the info. I think the Covas albergue @9k is too far on the other side of ferrol for me. Did I hear correctly that it closed down last year?.

Tim

4. dalebob

dalebob Member

Hi Tim
    Walked Camino Ingles early September 2016 good 5 day walk only one climb after bar Julia ! I arrived late on a Tuesday evening stayed for 2 nights before walking. Dipped my my toe in the sea at the harbour and a photo at Peirao de Curuxeiras the official start then got a stamp at St Julian's Cathedral I think it's open daily til 20.30 hours ? They have a web site. And another stamp at Church of San Francisco in the town. This left me a clear start on day one . Used the Confraternity of Saint James UK guide available on line which was useful.
    Burn Camino dalebob