1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asturias (oviedo) To Leon

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Camino2017, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Camino2017

Camino2017 New Member

Does anyone have any hints or tips for bus travel from Asturias to Leon ?

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi and welcome to the forum

There are Lots of busses ply this route, journey time of around 2 hours and tickets from less than 9 euro – You can select your journey time and book your ticket at

https://www.alsa.es/en#

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

3. Camino2017

Camino2017 New Member

Thanks for the reply and the welcome. Unfortunately it's too early to get times and tickets yet. I understand you have to change buses at Oviedo, do you know if this is reasonably straight forward ?
    (Asturis to Oviedo, then Oviedo to Leon)

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Sorry, I don’t really understand your question as Asturias is a region https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asturias and Oviedo is it’s capitol

Unless that is you are flying into Asturias Airport (Details of airport busses to Oviedo can be found at http://www.aena.es/en/asturias-airport/public-transport.html) and that being the case, then yes, you do have to change busses at Oviedo and this won’t cause you a problem, just leave a little time in-between the bus times when booking. I changed buses myself in Asturias when I walked The Camino Primitivo and had no problems

Best Regards

Rob

5. Camino2017

Camino2017 New Member

Hi, thanks for the link, yes I'm flying into Asturias, I land at 8pm, however, the bus leaves the airport with Alsa at 8.30 or 11.30 pm, so I was looking for some alternative options.
    Thanks Rob

6. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    If it were me then I would overnight in Oviedo and travel to Leon the next day – It’s a very small airport so as long as your flight is on time then there is a good chance you will make the 20.30 bus to Oviedo and maybe book a hotel near the bus station would be about the best plan I can think of

Good Luck and Best Regards

Rob

UnkleHammy likes this.