1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Blog???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jose, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

To keep myself from trying to be a literary great with my communications back home during the Camino, have thought about doing an audio blog. Just sitting down with some app and talking. It seems like it would be a lot more spontaneous. And then sending it somehow to a list of people who say they want updates. Anyone else done this? Any ideas?

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  2. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Jose, I always say, that for maximize Camino experience, you need to completely disconnect. Camino is your own time, so if you want, create new mailbox (only for closest members of your family), do daily notes and send it from that mailbox- and your family will distribute it to all others.

3. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

That is pretty much what I was thinking. So, not really a public blog, but for family and some friends, but audio not written. Haven't heard much response on this. Thanks for yours.

4. mvanert

mvanert Member

Home Page:
    Qualifier - I have been building, fixing and repairing computers for over 25 years, that said, all phones whether Android, Windows, Blackberry or IOS have a recording program built in, so it is doable.

Read on to find out why I won't do it.

They can be a pain in the you-know-where to learn and use. (Search Google for recommendations for your type of phone.)

The biggest hurdle to doing this is the file size when you create your recording. You will quickly use up your data plan and I mean very quickly. So, if you have a huge data plan or lots of money to spend on cell phone bills... my recommendation, don't do it.

5. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

Of course, you have hit on the reason this doesn't work. Huge data costs. Sounded like such a good idea. Thanks!!

6. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

Of course, you have hit on the reason this doesn't work. Huge data costs. Sounded like such a good idea. Thanks!!