Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Bayonne Ride Share - 29th August 2017

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Tina-Marie Brownie, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Tina-Marie Brownie

Tina-Marie Brownie Active Member

Howdy Pilgrims :D

Myself and two other ladies are organising a collection from the Bayonne, a ride up to SJPD with Express Bourricot on Tuesday 29th August at approx 10am (we are all staying in Ibis Styles Bayonne the night before). Is anyone else around this time who would like to share the cost?

"Yes it could cost 19€ + 2€ each for you since we have to drive you to ¨Pascaline. You can put on the forum if you want." (from Bourricot)"

So your share obviously will be 19 euro for the ride :rolleyes:

Buen Camino all of you Pilgrims ahead of us - walk with light feel and open hearts ;)

hindsfeet and danvo like this.
  2. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Member

3. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Member

Hey I'll be arriving in SJPD on Aug. 29th via Madrid/Pamplona. Where are you staying in SJPD? I haven't booked a room yet.

Tina-Marie Brownie likes this.
  4. Tina-Marie Brownie

Hi Ginamarie, we are staying at Chambres d'Hotes Chez Pascaline which is about 2kms outside of SJPD and are staying there for 2 nights to get over jetlag prior to starting on 31st Aug :) Also stopping at Orisson on first day as I will only have had 8 weeks training prior due to a surgery (22 May) and 6 weeks an enforced recovery from my surgeon :( We are doing a slow camino averaging about 20kms but taking 7 weeks to walk to Santiago and then on to Finisterre followed by a week of celebration in Madrid :D

Crepes4Suzette and UnkleHammy like this.
  5. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Member

Great! I will look you up in SJPD!

6. Tina-Marie Brownie

We can have a coffee together then :)

7. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

Hi
    I stayed there last year. The owner, or whatever the title is was very helpful. I had someone in the town center call her and she came into town to pick me up. Later the other person, YorkeUltraRunner, got lost trying to find the place, so he got someone to call her and she went out and got him too. That night she took us into town for dinner and when diner was over she gave us a short tour of the citadel. The next day she took us into town for the start of the hike. Small with two rooms but with a great hostess.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  8. Tina-Marie Brownie

Thanks UnkleHammy, I did read the reviews and read what an amazing hostess she is :D counting my blessing already ;)

9. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Member

10. Tina-Marie Brownie

Ginamarie, not sure what time we are getting in - I guess it depends on what time our ride is and maybe we could all meet and have dinner? I am travelling with 2 ladies I have never met but who are meeting me in Bayonne and we will be walking together - so one more lovely lady would awesome as well :D