Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Best Places To Stay In Camino Primitivo

Discussion in 'Camino Primitivo or Original Way' started by StrongCaminoWoman, Jun 15, 2016.

1. StrongCaminoWoman

StrongCaminoWoman New Member

I'd like to hear from hikers who had both good and bad experiences. If you could show the 10-14 stopping towns or villages, along with why you recommend it or why I should avoid it. Thanks

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
  3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Wily - The OP is walking The Camino Primitivo and Not the Camino Frances
    Best Regards
    Rob

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    No Worries Wily – I just happened to notice the “Tags” on the top of the post – Otherwise I would have done the same thing :)

5. lucymi

lucymi Member

I did the Primitivo last year in June, walked from Oviedo to SdC, and then I continued on to Finisterre. Looking back I would avoid staying in the municipal Alberque in Melide. After the smaller alberques on the Primitivo where I saw the same familiar faces each day, the alberque in Melide was a culture shock - huge and impersonal, doors banging, people talking loudly on their mobiles, in and out of the dormitories the whole night through - I wouldn't stay there again, I would stay in a private alberque or a small hotel.

One of my highlights was Lugo. The night I stayed, the town was packed due to the "Arde Lucus" Festival. Everybody (except the pilgrims) was dressed up like a Roman, the party went on into the early hours of the morning and we didn't get much sleep in the alberque. DSCN4504.JPG
    DSCN4505.JPG DSCN4526.JPG

StrongCaminoWoman likes this.
  6. StrongCaminoWoman

StrongCaminoWoman New Member

We had this happen in one town and we couldn't find the yellow arrows. A big party of college students from many parts of the country.

Minnie de Klerk likes this.