1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus From Madrid To Piedrafita Do Cebreiro

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Linell, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Linell

Linell Guest

I have been able to purchase train tickets online from Santiago to Madrid. I have tried several times to purchase bus tickets, from Madrid to piedrafita do cebreiro, from the rome2rio and alsa websites and cannot get the transaction to go thru. My credit card co. says its must be a problem with their website. The 3 of us are arriving in Madrid on 5/24 and would like to take the bus on 5/25. Is purchasing the bus tickets in advance necessary and if so how can I do it?

2. Meggo

Meggo New Member

Are you aware of a bus that travels Santiago to Madrid. Just looking for a "post walk" leisurely/scenic option. Or maybe you found that the train trip was quite scenic?? Travelling June 2016.

3. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

I had trouble getting mine online last year also and ended up booking ahead through a third party site - I believe it was GoMarbella.com. The ALSA website isn't always the easiest - I wrote to them about it, but don't think they're all that interested in fixing it. The buses I took were usually no more than 1/2 full last year, but the train back to Madrid was 100% full, so I'm glad you got your train tickets. The ALSA kiosks at the bus stations are super-easy to use, so any other bus tickets you might need can be gotten at any station kiosk. I don't know if the airport has ALSA kiosks, though - they depart from in front of T4.