1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendar Now Live - Let Everyone Know When You are Going on the Camino

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, May 18, 2012.

1. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Hi,

the calendar function on the forum is now live. In the top menu at the top of the page there is a link - Calendar.

You can click this and then find the day you are heading off and add your details if you wish.

I think this could be a good way to meet with people and / or share a taxi or other travel plans.

Any problems let me know.
    All the best
    Leslie

Unie likes this.
  2. kkelley

kkelley Member

This is fantastic! Thanks so much for this great tool.
    Kaye

3. jdeaizpurua

jdeaizpurua New Member

Hey Leslie ,great addition and idea ,just added my Camino info .

JD

4. AudreyP

AudreyP New Member

Hi

I'm Audrey from Milngavie, nr Glasgow, Scotland and I'll be starting my Camino from SJPP in the last week in August. I'm not sure of the exact date yet but will post in the calendar as soon as I know. Like many of you, I'm nervous but very excited with lots of questions. Everyone seems much more organised than me so I better get started with booking my flight to Biarritz-Is this the best place to start my journey, rather than from Paris?

Alan J Brown and Kennyt like this.
  5. SusanDuffy

SusanDuffy New Member

Flights booked we are on our way September 09 2012.

6. vincenzo

vincenzo New Member

Leslie, what a fantastic website. I have spent all week reading the different posts and it is so exciting and so useful. I feel I know so many of the pilgrims already. And I am not even doing the camino. However, my wife is planning to do it in September 2013 and I will be accompanying her in some sort of support role - details to be decided later. Looking forward to lots of contact. Vincenzo

7. cw18

cw18 New Member

Just added a 'hoping to arrive SJPdP around now' entry to the calendar for 8th Sept 2014 - and suddenly it feels real that I will do this :)

At the moment the date's flexible, mainly because that's the year my eldest Grand-daughter starts secondary school and I'd like to be around for at least her first couple of days - but schools haven't announced their calendars for that school year yet, so I'm having to guess when her actual start date will be.

Tomorrow I'm off to an open day at a local(ish - about 10 miles from home) Spanish college to see how many levels I think I need to work my way through in order to be able to confidently cope with a couple of food issues while I'm walking.

8. zzotte

zzotte Member

Thank you Leslie for this great feature to an already great site :D
    Zo

9. I'm planning a short walk in november this year. Leave from Oslo 9th of november. I'm a bit worried about the weather this time of the year. Anyone with good advice for what to bring in winter on the camino. Are the albergues open ? I walked on the camino from SJPDP to Burgos in june/july this summer. A wonderful time as always on the camino.

10. Colinwkay

Colinwkay New Member

Fly into Seville on Saturday 08th June to walk the Via De La Plata, as did the Camino Francis last year :cool:

11. Colinwkay

Colinwkay New Member

Hi Audrey yes Biarritz is good, get the bus from airport into Bayonne, then 2 min walk to train station for a nice journey into SJPDP.
    Enjoy please, I walked it last year to Finisterre was brillant, in August, now off to do the Via del Plata in June from Seville :)

12. linhuang0101

linhuang0101 Guest

Hello there....
    My friend and I will meet up @ BARCELONA airport on Sept 21 9:30am.....then try to find the best and economical way to SJPP. If there is anyone who is interested in doing it..............WELCOME!!!!! Let's do it........

13. GregIrvine

GregIrvine New Member

I leave May 13, 2013 (One Week!!!) from Los Angeles. Arrive in Pamplona on the 14th. Sorry guys...I'm cheating and bringing my bike with me. Wimp!

14. JudeT

JudeT New Member

Hi. I am leaving from sansebastian on may 28 for the northern route

15. GregIrvine

GregIrvine New Member

Hi Jude, after I finish, I am traveling to San Sebastián on May 28th. Maybe I'll look you up and have beer...or vino. gpi2995@yahoo.com
    Have a great trip!

16. dbleG

dbleG Guest

hey all...im hoping to be in SJPdP in early july 14, and start my WAY...looking to enjoy the walk and take about 6weeks, and the on to harvest in Rioja...curious if anyone is planning a trip around this time !!! fell free to contact me Guy

17. Bobbie

Bobbie New Member

I start walking the Camino del Norte May 30th! Just around the corner and so very excited.

Bobbie

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  18. debnewbie

debnewbie New Member

I am hoping to do the camino from 26th September 2013

19. Leigh Ann

Leigh Ann Guest

I am flying into Barcelona May 15, does anyone have easy route to get to St Jean Peid de Port, help appreciated.

20. piezy98

piezy98 New Member

I'm landing Madrid on the 10th and will proceed to SJDP and start the walk on the 12 June.

21. Jimis123

Jimis123 Guest

Re: Calendar Now Live -July 22

Hello all, I will be starting the walk on July 22 from Saint Jean Pied Port, sometime in the morning. I will be by myself would love to tag along to a group or begin with other solo adventures. Also looking for a hostel for July 21 near Biarritz if anyone has any info that would be awesome.

Cheers, Jim

22. Highheel7

Highheel7 Guest

Question: How are you getting to SJPP? I will arrive in Madrid also (September) but what next? Train or bus or maybe a flight to Biarritz?

23. BobC

BobC New Member

Hello Highheel7, I to am flying into Madrid, Aug. 26th. I just today bought my train ticket to Pamplona, cost $93.95 total. From there I plan on taking either a cab or the bus to SJPP. The train leaves Madrid, if I remember correctly at 11:35am, 3:35pm & 7:00pm. Take care, BobC

24. GeoDaywalker

GeoDaywalker Guest

This is an awesome feature I hope it works, I am leaving California USA the middle of August 2013 and will start out in SJPP I have no idea what I'm doing and am a bit afraid of the unknown I have to believe I was called to do this for a purpose .I do look forward to meeting other pilgrims along the way.
    God Bless,GDW

25. Missdaisy

Missdaisy New Member

Hi to all Camino walkers , we are flying to Biarritz on the 30th august, train to Bayonne and onward to SJPDP we hope, no train booked yet. We have booked a hostel in SJPDP and hope to start on early the 31st. We are June and Brendan, from Offaly in Ireland, looking forward to meeting all. Buen Camino.:)

26. piezy98

piezy98 New Member

Take the 11:35am train (I just took the train and it cost me $83. bougth it at Madrid airport). There's a bus to SJPP at 3:00 or 3:30..the taxi will cost you 100 euro but if you can share with someone(4 passengers) then the cost will be low.

27. michaelgrow

michaelgrow New Member

hi all
    starting from Pamplona in mid sept - looking forward to walking along side all on the Camino at that time
    Buen Camino!
    Michael

28. MissLinda

MissLinda New Member

Arrive in Biarritz night of Sept 2 and staying overnight before making my way to St Jean the following day.Would love to connect with others who are starting off around this time.

29. Keep smiling

Keep smiling New Member

My husband and I are starting in St Jean on Sept 7 2013. Only 11 more sleeps:)

30. Tabiri

Tabiri New Member

Wherever they offer me a home - right now in the U
    MissLinda, did you make it? How was it? I am planning to start sometime the summer of 2014 - now looking for opinions, recommendations, suggestions etc. What would you suggest to a single woman planning on the route on her own?