1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calendar Now Live - Let Everyone Know When You are Going on the Camino

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, May 18, 2012.

1. TinaB

TinaB Member

Thank you Alanhobo! Along with apprehension I am so excited. This time next month I will have just started and my first goal (having managed all the train journey) is to reach Orisson and soak up the views and the air as my reward!

2. mtman100

mtman100 New Member

Mark Di Marzio likes this.
  3. SimLin

SimLin Active Member

I cannot see the calendar - your post is dated yesterday - is it possible it is not live right now?

4. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Hi @SimLin - the calendar function is no longer working. I changed forum software and this one does not have a good calendar as yet.

5. SimLin

SimLin Active Member

Thanks for letting me know!

6. le34tocin

le34tocin New Member

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. Pip25

Pip25 New Member

Flights booked for the 31st of October. Dublin- Biarritz arrive in evening time. Then hoping to start from SJPdP the next day.

Mark Di Marzio and Alan J Brown like this.
  8. Kennyt

Kennyt New Member

good luck Pip25.....

9. Pip25

Pip25 New Member

Thanks very much for the Luck, its something I have always wanted to do, I know I haven't pick the best time to go but it was the one that worked for me. Thanks again

10. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

There is no wrong time for Camino.. It will be more/much quiet, maybe rainy, but I'm sure it will be great time for you. Buen camino!

SimLin and raymond john like this.
  11. Anna OR

Anna OR New Member

I can't see the calender option but I'm here excited, all packed up with my 6kg ready for our journey at 6am in the morning flying from Dublin to Biarritz - train from Biarritz to SJJP with two stops, stay over night there then first day walk to Roncesville. Then we will relax and jet the walk take over. thank you for all the advise and tips that help plan the start of our Camino. Buen Camino x

12. Mark Di Marzio

Mark Di Marzio New Member

Hi !! I am an Australian guy from Melbourne & new to the forum. I just joined up ! I am excited to say that I intend to walk the 'Camino de Santiago ' in early October 2015. I will fly to London on October 5th and spend the first week in London & France and then take a train down to the start of the Camino Frances- St Jean- I will be coming on my own - but hopefully I will meet people along the way. I have 8 weeks planned - I hope to walk the journey- something I feel I just need to do. I am grateful for the opportunity to do so at this point in my life. I have been training in long distance walking for the last month or so and reading up on the Camino and found out about this forum . I will allow 4-5 weeks for the Camino and hopefully then do some travel to South of France to visit a friend and then onto Italy to visit a few places of interest in Italy and visit some relatives . I am also learning a bit of Spanish .That's about it for now. x

Pip25, Kennyt, SimLin and 1 other person like this.
  13. LisaB

LisaB Donating Member Donating Member

I'm impressed. Im looking at my 8kg (including pack) sitting on the bed and thinking how on earth do you people get it down to 6kg. Go minimalist you!

Mark Di Marzio and SimLin like this.
  14. SimLin

SimLin Active Member

Buen Camino, Carpe Diem!!!

15. SimLin

SimLin Active Member

Buen Camino!

16. FF Jo

FF Jo New Member

Home Page:
    Flight booked today and will be in Pamplona on 21 Sept. to begin my Camino on the 22nd. Hope to be in Finesterra by the end of Oct. so I can bus or train to Madrid to catch my flight on the 31st.
    Unbelievably excited about being "on my own" for 5 weeks, but also nervous about this big adventure.
    Hope to meet some of you that are walking during this same time frame.
    Buen Camino!

Mark Di Marzio and SimLin like this.
  17. Kiwi

Kiwi Member

I was hoping to my Camino de Santiago this year but this is not to be. I will now be walking it starting September 2016. I need a challenge. I am from New Zealand and am 72 years old. This gives me another year to make sure I am fully fit and ready to go.

SimLin and Mark Di Marzio like this.
  18. Alan J Brown

Alan J Brown Donating Member Donating Member

Hi Audrey, as a fellow Glaswegian,I'm looking for as much info as possible please,with regards maybe do's and dont's....looking to walk Camino next year 2016...Alan

19. Mark Di Marzio

Hi There. I am intending on starting my Camino from St Jean around 12 October . I was wondering if anyone else will be commencing around that same time in October?

SimLin and Alan J Brown like this.
  20. Alan J Brown

Buen Camino !!! Anna heres praying your experience is more than you can ever imagine...all the very best..

21. Alan J Brown

Hi Mark, where are you arriving from? what kind of travel have you booked are you going it solo and booking into hostels every night or booked through an agent...Alan.

22. Mark Di Marzio

Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply/message..I will flying from Melbourne Australia to London on Oct 5. I will spend a few days there - intend to go to Camino confraternity in London then to Paris for a day or two- sightseeing -then train to Biarritz and find my way somehow from there to St Jean. I think will be a good start for me on Mon `12 October from St Jean- I will try to book a night in Orrison .. but as yet I haven't booked anything at all -anywhere-. In the next two weeks I hope to do some planning (as I finish up work next week)-- but I usually just keep it loose and . i'm not a real good planner at the best of times- I always improvise & just take it as it comes- so any practical advice/assistance would be most welcome and I accept it willingly ;-)

Alan J Brown likes this.
  23. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

Mark
    I'm member of the Confraternity of St James and in my experience you will receive a lot of good advise and information. PS have a look on their Website it will give you the office opening hours . As you say keep it loose and Carpe Diem, finding accommodation should not be a problem at that time of year. Enjoy your camino experience and make many camino friends from all over the world. The comadereie excellent.

Buen Camino

Raymond John

24. Alan J Brown

[QUOMark Di Marzio, post: 34617, member: 22200"]Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply/message..I will flying from Melbourne Australia to London on Oct 5. I will spend a few days there - intend to go to Camino confraternity in London then to Paris for a day or two- sightseeing -then train to Biarritz and find my way somehow from there to St Jean. I think will be a good start for me on Mon `12 October from St Jean- I will try to book a night in Orrison .. but as yet I haven't booked anything at all -anywhere-. In the next two weeks I hope to do some planning (as I finish up work next week)-- but I usually just keep it loose and . i'm not a real good planner at the best of times- I always improvise & just take it as it comes- so any practical advice/assistance would be most welcome and I accept it willingly ;-)[/QUOTE]
    Yep Mark I were thinking along the same lines,just get there and go with the flow....I were reading the post from Raymond John.sounds like good advice,speaking today to my local parish priest and he's suggested I go to
    Medjugorje soak up some of the atmosphere,spiritual feeling before endevouring on such a pilgrimage....Buen Camino !!!

25. Mark Di Marzio

Thankyou Raymond John.. Yes..I will go to the Confraternity when I get to London and seek the good information and advice. Thankyou kindly for your positive message !

Woodchild, SimLin and raymond john like this.
  26. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

Yep Mark I were thinking along the same lines,just get there and go with the flow....I were reading the post from Raymond John.sounds like good advice,speaking today to my local parish priest and he's suggested I go to
    Medjugorje soak up some of the atmosphere,spiritual feeling before endevouring on such a pilgrimage....Buen Camino !!![/QUOTE]

Alan
    I note the comment from your Parish Priest regarding Medgujorje . I assume you have not been to Medjugorje, I have been many times. The number of pilgrims you meet there from all over the world, its a very special place. A lot of the Pilgrims don't know why they are there , just felt the need to come to Medjugorje. Interestingly the name of the Parish Church is St James . There is a very good easy read book " Light Between the Hills " by Heather Parsons. Its an excellent book containing the story of 7 people and how Medjugorje changed their lives. I would also suggest you take a look at the Medjugorje Calling website. on Google.

Carpe Diem

Raymond John

27. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Well-Known Member

28. mvanert

mvanert Member

Home Page:
    I must be dense because I cannot locate this "calendar". Help!

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  29. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Well-Known Member

Yes I am with you I can,t find I ether.

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  30. veworley

veworley New Member

Looking for the calendar... where is it?