1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Aragon/le Puy Ancient Variant

Discussion in 'Camino Aragones' started by Samoht, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Samoht

Samoht New Member

In 2014 after completing a Camino Frances in 2013, I walked the Camino Aragon from Pau in France over the Somport Pass and on to the Camino Frances. This coming summer I would like to do it again, but this time somewhat differently. I am planning to walk from Oloron Ste Marie on the Camino Pe Puy to Lescun where the old Camino departs to the west over the Col Pau (Puerto del Palo) down into the Valley Hecho. Continuing on to the town of Siresa, on to Hecho, and eventually joining the Camino Aragon in Berdun. Then, most likely continuing on the Camino Aragon to the Camino Frances. There is a brief description on the site listed below, but quite a few references and descriptions can be found on the net. This would not be a hike for beginners, but considering that I am in my 70s, not a killer trek either. Someone to join me would be very welcome, as I don't speak much French. This could be well in excess of a month in the event it would turn into a complete walk to Santiago/Finisterre. Or, it could be only the Camino Aragon which is a fine walk in itself. I am completely open to the starting date from June to September.

http://www.pasoapalmo.com/camino_de_santiago-puerto_del_palo.htm

Ginamarie and UnkleHammy like this.
  2. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Active Member

There is a Camino partner partner for you UnkleHammy!

Wily likes this.
  3. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

@Ginamarie You are a terrible person! You just eliminated one of my reasons to not walk again! But I still have money problems and a wife at home. If I can figure out a way of doing it I'll contact @Samoht.

hindsfeet, Ginamarie and Wily like this.
  4. Samoht

Samoht New Member

Here's hoping can find a walking partner.

UnkleHammy and Ginamarie like this.
  5. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Active Member

I am the evil instigator and conspirator!!! I will let you have no reason to not walk again! I am rooting for you, fingers crossed!:D

UnkleHammy and hindsfeet like this.