1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Aragones

Discussion in 'Camino Aragones' started by Brucepayne, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Brucepayne

Brucepayne Member

There must be many people who have walked the Aragones,but I only find 3 comments in the last five years! Would some others take the time to talk about the route,perhaps from Pau or where er. Thank you.

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Although it’s a while ago, I walked The Camino Aragonés from Oleron Ste Marie in France, crossed the Pyrenees by way of The Col de Somport and walked the route until it joined the "The Camino Frances" In Puente la Reina in Spain – Then as I had already walked The Camino Frances, I backtracked to Pamplona and finished my own Camino there :)

The route from Oleron Ste Marie and the Pyrenees was fantastic – Very Green and along some wonderful paths, Then when you descend from The Col de Somport, the scenery starts to change and you enter a very arid region and cross the Badlands of the Aragonés.

I used to have a full write up on this Camino on https://web.archive.org/web/20151031073132/http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/2c/, but since the demise of VT when Trip Advisor took over the site and wiped the servers, much of the information was lost :-(

But if you need more info, Please feel free to get in touch

Best Regards

Rob

danvo, UnkleHammy and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  3. Brucepayne

Brucepayne Member

Thank you rob! I followed your information as much as was possible. I wanted to start just outside of Pau next September. What time of year did you go,and what was the weather like?

4. Brucepayne

Brucepayne Member

Thank you Rob! I followed your information as much as was possible. I wanted to start from Pau next September. What time of year did you walk, and what was the weather like?

5. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    No Problem – Pleased to be able to help a little :)

I started my Camino on 2nd September and the weather was very good, I think we had a little rain on the second day and that was it !!

I flew from the UK to Pau and took a local train to Oleron St Marie (About a 1 hour journey) – Then the next day walked to Bedous – Then the day after up to The Col de Somport, spent the night in the Albergue there before descending into Spain.

Although I started my Camino in Oleron St Marie, there does appear to be a 28.8km route from Pau

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/P...!2d43.194413!2m4!5e1!5e2!5e3!8j1524036160!3e2 that you should be able to get details on :)

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

Crepes4Suzette likes this.