Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Camino Blogs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
  2. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    I will add the first one as she is in Santiago today http://caminomaggee.blogspot.com/ read her account of the Camino and her latest post on the Mass in Santiago cathedral.

3. Dan Elliott

Dan Elliott New Member

Home Page:
    for anyone interested, here is the address for my blog done for my Le Puy to Santiago trip during Spring 2007.

http://karaokecamino.blogspot.com/

Remember to read it backwards. I also turned the journey into an unpublished book of some 300 pages if someone wants even more trivia.

Dan

4. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Dan I would love to get a look at your book, I have an idea but would have to get a look first.

5. vjpulver

vjpulver New Member

Home Page:
    My Blog Pilgrimage of Gratitude...

I am posting a blog. I start my camino in mid-April.

Pilgrimage of Gratitude: My Camino

I am also in several Facebook groups and other forums and list.servs. There are soooo many wonderful resources for wanna-be pilgrims!

Life is good...

"Ginn"
    In Sunny Santa Fe
    www.pulverpages.com

6. Castellana

Castellana New Member

Blogs

Hello,
    we are departing tomorrow for Spain, meeting in Madrid, and initially spending a few days with family in the Ribera de Duero (Southern Burgos). We plan to start off from the city of Burgos on the 6th..Mom called and stated the Northern part of Burgos and Leon Provinces have snow...(adding another sweater to the pack)...

Our tri-lingual blog (because of families in the US, Germany, and Spain) has been set up, and we are anxious to get our journey started.
    www.nuestrocamino.com

Buen Camino!

Angela

7. rbaldwin

rbaldwin New Member

Sierra del Perdon / how steep?

How steep is the descent after passing over the top of the Sierre del Person [just outside Pamplona]? We will hit it tomorrow on bikes and the book cautions about this area. Anyone got thoughts?

Rick

8. rbaldwin

rbaldwin New Member

Sierra del Perdon / how steep?

How steep is the descent after passing over the top of the Sierre del Person [just outside Pamplona]? We will hit it tomorrow on bikes and the book cautions about this area. Anyone got thoughts?

Rick

9. Monty

Monty Guest

10. ctlou

ctlou New Member

Hi Everyone:
    I will be leaving from SJPP this Sunday, April 18th.
    Here is my blog address if you care to follow my count down and departure in this week leading up to it.
    Best regards,
    Louise
    ctlou
    USA

Ctlou's Journey

11. bindhii

bindhii New Member

hey,
    r u already doing it? how is it?
    i see that you are from US.
    i would love to read if you post some experiences..i am planning to walk in august this year

12. eos76c

eos76c Guest

Hi everybody...I'm on the Way from Valencia to Santiago... I've been walking for 18 day... Daily I publish the steps and my diary... If you want you can follow my Camino on

Vita da Giramondo

Ultreya!

13. Claz

Claz Guest

Hi all!

I wish to be at Santiago de Compostela on 25th July 2010, so I depart from SJPP around 22nd June! Maybe see you along 'the way' - no pun intended ;)

My journey started a few months ago so I created a blog about it last month. I hope to update my blog on a regular basis!

By the way, loving this forum and the website it's connected to! Keep it up!

Claz.

Armorel likes this.
  14. mariana1114

mariana1114 New Member

Re: My Blog Pilgrimage of Gratitude...

Hey all! It doesn't seem that anyone has posted on this thread for a while, but I figured as long as it's stickied, why not? I will be leaving the states for my first Camino Sept 22nd, hoping to start the walk by the 24th. I already keep a blog chronicling my other adventures, and I plan to add my camino experiences there as I walk. The address is: The Road Less Traveled. If you only wish to view posts about the camino, click the 'Camino' link on the right sidebar under 'categories.'

Enjoy!
    Mariana

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  15. ctlou

ctlou New Member

Hi Mariana
    I looked at your blog and noticed the experience you had in Utah with the man in the wheelchair. I thought you might want to look at this organization. It was founded by a man in a wheelchair and his sister who both completed the Camino.
    Best wishes are your upcoming Camino. You are about to experience somethign incredible.
    Buen Camino,
    Louise a.k.a. CTLOU
    Walkabout Foundation - About Us

16. JTD

JTD Member

Home Page:
    Hello all!

I am leaving for the airport tomorrow evening and will be blogging about my Camino along the way as and when I am able. For those of you that would be interested in reading it the address is Dude goes walkabout…

See you when I get back..!

17. kkelley

kkelley Member

Good luck and Buen Camino! Will be looking for your posts.

kk

18. JAMC

JAMC New Member

Hi,

I'm setting off on Wednesday 11th July I've kept a food blog for many years but have started a separate one to record this amazing journey you can follow My Camino Blog here if you want to!

19. moostewart

moostewart New Member

Hi JAMC,

I've just had a look at your blog and added it to my favourites! I will follow you with much interest as I am starting my Camino on the 7th Sept eeek.... I was also inspired by the film "The Way" :D and have watched it with at least 10 friends so far!

I noticed you haven't got any waterproofs in your pack...why? Or did I just miss them? haha...

Is there a sleeping bag? me thinks I'm carrying too much!

Buen Camino

Moo

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  20. JAMC

JAMC New Member

Ooooh I'll just be getting back and you'll be heading off... I'll be able to give you some tips!!!

I'm taking a liner rather than a bag, if its cold I'll wear my fleece and socks as for the waterproofs.. I've been umming and arrring about that for weeks.... its July and August in Spain, I'm guessing even if its raining its going to be hot, I really can't imagine a) wanting to walk much in rain so I'll sit it out until it stops b) if I do walk in it with a jacket / poncho on I'm going to be boiling hot I'm a lady of a certain age ..... I overheat very very quickly anyway ;) the last think I need is to be walking with a plastic bag on!!!! LOL I do have a poncho but its quiet heavy and it the weight and this ^ issue I'm thinking I'll leave it at home.... sort of considering getting one of those emergency poncho's from the supermarket just to make myself feel better, but if its warm I'm sure if I get wet, I'll dry.... not the end of the world!

My 35l pack is far from stuffed full and that's the way I want to keep it :D

21. moostewart

moostewart New Member

Hi JAMC,

Oh yes please all info will be greatly recieved! I'm rather unfit and get hot too and if I don't need to carry my waterproofs i'd rather leave them behind. I was in Messange in the South of France last Sept & Oct and we were on the beach in swimwear on the 20th Oct in unbelievably hot weather, and they are having hot weather again now (lucky them!) Now I've never been to Spain and I was hoping for cooler weather up in the mountains so fingers crossed. Whatever the weather it'll be a wonderful experince, something to be proud of.

Buen Camino

Moo

22. JAMC

JAMC New Member

OOOh I'm having second thoughts about my poncho now.... I've been following a couple of blogs of pilgrims who have started on different days at the beginning of July and both have used their waterproofs by the second day :( I'm thinking of taking it and ditching it if I don't need it... But I agree, what ever the weather it will be a wonderful experience!!!

Buen Camino

23. Dollmac

Dollmac Member

Your bag is so light you can afford to bring it I have just weighed mine it is 13 lbs and no Julie i don't have the kitchen sink, I can't find your revised list. HELP PLEASE

24. Waterweed

Waterweed Member

I think I saw it on JAMC's blog, which you can access by clicking the "come follow me" at the bottom of her posts.

No, I just looked and it was a pictorial list. Sorry.
    Waterweed

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  25. Waterweed

Waterweed Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  26. Dollmac

Dollmac Member

Thanks Waterweed I found it, I think what I need to do is leave the 200 ml bottle of sun cream here ( I will get a little bottle and take a small amount) the same with the all purpose wash. I just weighed them and they weighed over 1 pound for the 2 of them.
    I have a northface sleeping liner, it weighs just under 2 lb can anyone tell me if I will need it or would a cotton liner be ok ? If i wont need that I think I would be ok. I might be able to knock another little bit off ! Mind you I don't find it heavy to carry I have a good backpack and weight is well distributed.

27. JAMC

JAMC New Member

Hiya, sorry I'm late replying, been busy busy busy... trying to tie things up at work - feeling a bit guilty leaving my boss for 6 weeks... i'm sure he'll manange, I've done most of the work and have a host of volunteers to stand in for me so shouldn't be a worry!

Now for my packing list - the one on my blog is the updated version, you can find it here! I am taking the poncho.... I've been following Jimothy's blog, he started walking on the 3rd July and he's had to use his twice already.... nuff said, its in me bag!!! Also a lightweight long sleeved shirt.
    I've saved loads of weight by swapping everything to minitures, all except my suncream - I'm using P20 and while its heavy, I only have to use it once a day and the weight will reduce with each application - its' brilliant, my red headed daughter went to madrid last august and was the only one in her group that didn't burn.... some things are just worth their weight! I'm not taking all purpose wash, I have a solid shampoo bar which lathers up in cold water if it has too, I'll wash my clothes in the bottom of the shower using the shampoo, saving time and extra soap - I have tried this out and it works a treat... I'm a camping veteran... just remember to give them a final clear water rinse once you're out of the shower!

Will pop back tomorrow if I get time but I have to meet up with family so may not make it... I leave early on Wednesday morning, so if I don't get back in here check out the blog, I'll post in there once I've started!

OOOhhh I'm sooooo exicted!!!

28. Dollmac

Dollmac Member

Ok, ta for that mrs, so cited for ya. i will keep up with you on blog. Have a blast girl xx

29. Waterweed

Waterweed Member

That is a great tip about washing body and clothes at the same time. I am not a camper - husband's idea of camping is Holiday Inn. Anyway, all of these pearls everyone is sharing are fantastic. Thanks
    Elandra