1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Blogs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Debo

Debo New Member

I wrote some memoirs after my Camino last year. I suppose I was too busy and tired to write in any formal way while I was on the trip. Those memoirs have now turned into a blog which will have a new post every day, corresponding with the same day exactly one year ago. Check it out at: www.myseniorcamino.com

2. clearer_skies

clearer_skies Member

Home Page:
  3. foyle walker

foyle walker Guest

I would like to write a Blog , any suggestions which is a easy way to get set up and start . Etc Wordpress or blogger etc

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I have been walking Caminos for about 15 years and have written up my personal experiences on them on my blog at http://http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/b2/

These might be of use to people planning their own Camino’s as I have broken things down into daily stages as well as written reviews on where we stayed + tried to include some general information such as kit lists and where to obtain credentials etc

Also - I have just returned from my own 1,000 mile Camino from my home in Cumbria to Santiago de Compostela and ran a blog while doing the walk at https://www.facebook.com/robs.big.walk

5. Devon Mike

Devon Mike Well-Known Member

I have just returned from walking the Camino Frances from SJPP to Santiago then on to Finisterre and Muxia. I chose not to carry phone or ipad on the walk so that I could totally disconnect from home and connect with the Camino. Now I'm back I am posting a day by day photoblog on my facebook page and have got as far as day 19 of the 34 days it took me. I will be adding the remaining daily photoblogs over the next week as time permits. To access them here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005647118231 Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want to keep up with the postings. Michael (Devon Mike on facebook).

6. Tigerrmc2014

Tigerrmc2014 New Member

Hi DivineLove59
    I am starting my first Camino from SJPP Sept 5/14 and plan to arrive in Santiago de Compostela Oct 13. I am curious about the kind of weather you had throughout your trip? did you bring a sleeping bag? Thanks!

7. peregrinopaolo

peregrinopaolo New Member

Home Page:
  8. KatDavis

KatDavis Member

Home Page:
    Re: Sierra del Perdon / how steep?

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and look forward to reading everyone's blogs :) I've written a blog about the following walks:

Camino Frances, Portuguese, Primitivo, Ingles
    Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage (Japan)
    Cinque Terre (Italy)
    Coast to Coast (UK)
    Thames Path (UK)
    Hadrian's Wall (UK)

www.followingthearrows.com

There's heaps of pictures, GPS elevation profiles, and hopefully some helpful info :)

Buen Camino!
    Kat

9. Shering

Shering Donating Member Donating Member

Love your blog! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I start my Camino from SJPDP on April 11, 2014. I've been planning for over a year and can't wait to get there. The whole process of research and planning is a huge part of my Camino, a part of my journey I guess. Anyway thanks again PilgrimMidwife!

Shering

10. Shering

Shering Donating Member Donating Member

Oops, I forgot to mention I'm from Seattle too. ;-)

Shering

11. Devon Mike

Devon Mike Well-Known Member

Having completed the Camino Frances from SJPP to Santiago, then on to Finisterre and Muxia earlier this year, I have now pulled all my daily blog notes together. Anyone wishing to read it can email me at m.jones1@mypostoffice.co.uk and I will reply and attach a copy which is formatted as a Microsoft Word document.

I also have a considerable number of photos which can be viewed in my 'Camino de Santiago 2014' Album on my Facebook page, where my username is also Devon Mike.

12. SueR

SueR Guest

Re: Sierra del Perdon / how steep?

Hi Kat,
    Thank you for sharing your blog- I enjoyed reading it and the photos are great. I appreciated seeing you packing lists. This helps as I am planning to do my first Camino in 2015.
    Sue

13. El Condor 2014

El Condor 2014 Well-Known Member Donating Member

Did you mean 4 Sept 2015 ?
    Yes. Take a light weight sleeping bag. nights can get a little cool (plus you can also use it to sleep ON top of it).
    The weather on the northern part of Spain, specially Galicia is very unpredictable.
    If you have any other questions let us know
    Also read Highlanders Post, he is a fountain of knowledge, experience and very helpful

Buen Camino

14. highlander

highlander Donating Member Donating Member

Thanks El Condor. and Hi Mate.

just started a new thread on sleeping bags .synthetic verse Down bags.
    potential pilgrims don't forget to tell the shop assistant (in decent outdoor shop)your be sleeping indoors .

15. dgassa

dgassa New Member

Home Page:
    New to the forums and I've been lurking around to see what's here. I've been reading some of the blogs here so I'll post a link to mine. I started it 2013 as I intended to walk Camino Frances in 2014 but had to postpone it due to an injury. I'll be leaving for the Camino on April 5 of 2015 and walking from St Jean. If you like what you see, you can follow along by entering your e-mail address in the space provided. Comments, suggestions, questions and advise all appreciated. Blog address is: www.walkingmycamino.blogspot.com

16. Magwood

Magwood Super Moderator

Did you start your blog @foyle walker? I only have experience of wordpress and find it quite straightforward to use. You can put any amount of effort into making a blog look good. I often tweak the layout as and when ideas arise. Take a look at my 'Trepidatious Traveller' blog and if you have any questions I will be happy to help if I can.

http://www.magwood.me/

17. robermarbe

robermarbe New Member

In 2014, I went through the Camino Aragonés with my dog. I made a blog about the trip. You can find there some info and some tips to do this Camino with your dog.

http://caminoaragonesconperro.blogspot.nl

18. AustinVicki

AustinVicki New Member

We leave for Madrid on 2/19/15 - and will take the train to Ponferrada where we will start our portion of the Camino. We will only walk 130 miles. It was the time we had available for walking and hope to return to do more in the future! From Austin, TX and looking forward to our adventure. We started a blog and will try to post along the way. http://cowlingway.blogspot.com/

19. Orava

Orava Active Member

20. caireen89

caireen89 New Member

clearer_skies likes this.
  21. whitneys55

whitneys55 New Member

My husband and I just finished the Camino. We started on April 27th, took 32 days and arrived in Santiago on May 30th. Pretty phenomenal!! We were blessed with the most amazing weather with just one day of rain and the wildflowers were truly unbelievable.
    Please join us on our blog ... whitneycamino.wordpress.com
    Buen Camino.

El Condor 2014 likes this.
  22. June Yvonne Coleridge

June Yvonne Coleridge New Member

23. June Yvonne Coleridge

June Yvonne Coleridge New Member

My husband and I completed our Camino on May 29, 2015. Due to health concerns we started in Astorga and walked at our own pace. I think I proved that almost anyone can do the Camino.
    The blog address is 1952juneblog.wordpress.com

24. Sheldene Geddes

Sheldene Geddes New Member

I need to find accommodation in Bayonne on 16th August 2015 as I'm arriving from Paris on the train at about 17.30. Any suggestions of a backpackers that I can contact would be greatly appreciated! Then I'm on to St Jean the next day before starting my Camino on 18th August.
    Many thanks
    Sheldene

25. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Sheldene

Sorry, I haven’t got any suggestions for your accommodation in Bayonne, but if you move your question over onto the “Camino Frances” board, you might get a bit more response

Best Regards

Rob

26. Sheldene Geddes

Sheldene Geddes New Member

Oops sorry Rob, I posted this on the wrong forum!
    Many thanks
    Cheers
    Sheldene

27. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris Laurie Ferris

Home Page:
    Why yes, I do have a Camino blog! It's rather new, so I'd appreciate your visits, follows and links to http://thecaminoprovides.com/
    Cheers,
    Laurie

28. Peter Draper

Peter Draper New Member

Hi, My wife and I are planning to walk from either Logrono or Burgos in May 2016 (fitness and time constraints mean we don't think we have time for the full hit). Started the blog in August intending to cover training as well, but I suspect it will cover quite a lot of non-Camino stuff as well. It's at http://pd1951.blogspot.co.uk/. I'd appreciate any comments, complimentary or otherwise and also any advice.
    Thanks in advance, Peter

29. Gerry Vandermaat

Gerry Vandermaat Donating Member Donating Member

Home Page:
    G'day From Aus,
    My wife and I walked the Camino Frances in April May this year - here is my blog if anyone is interested.
    https://gerryv.edublogs.org

Enjoy and Buen Camino.