Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Camino Bug Repellent

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Topics' started by BROWNCOUNTYBOB, Aug 29, 2017.

1. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

During our last camino, we were surprised about how many gnats and fruit flies were still buzzing around during the month of October. It was quite annoying to be walking with trekking poles and have bugs swarm around our faces. Some of this is due to farmers using the camino paths to walk their cows and sheep. As a result there is animal shit everywhere - that attracts bugs.

Today we went to a local hardware store. We found an item called Z clip that is very light weight and it has a clip so you can attach this to your backpack, belt, or daypack. The clip is around $8 and comes with two repellent tablets. You can purchase refills ~ $4 for two tablets.

Photo and details below. Bob
    [​IMG]
    ACTIVE PROTECTION - Our wearable Z-Clips are the perfect mosquito protection for those on-the-go while running, hiking and enjoying the outdoors. Using a specially formulated slow-release technology, the oil is diffused into soft material so it released at a steady and consistent rate creating a mosquito-free zone around you

CONVENIENT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN - Each Z-Fence tablet creates a 6-foot barrier around the wearer that lasts for up to 15 days or 360 hours. Z-Clips are sturdy neoprene and come with 2 refill tablets with the option to purchase more - keeping you mosquito free for the entire summer! Z-Clips are water-resistant and great for your outdoor activities.

2. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

News flash - I googled a website that sells Z fence and asked whether it is effective against bed bugs. Here's the response.

Hello Robert,
    Thank you for contacting Zulily. I did went ahead and did some research regarding your question on the Z fence bug repellent and I saw that it is effective against bed bugs.

Wow, what a breakthrough! Since this provides a 6' barrier around the clip, you can hang this on a string or lanyard above your bunk and have added protection against bedbugs !

Bob

3. Galloglaigh

Galloglaigh Member

Probably off topic but every time I see a comment about insecticides I think of buddhists ... and wonder.

UnkleHammy likes this.
  4. ToussantFrend

ToussantFrend New Member

A breakthrough and innovative, indeed! :)

5. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

If anyone uses this a review later on would be nice.