1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Del Norte Video

Discussion in 'Camino del Norte' started by TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo, Jun 9, 2018.

1. TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo

TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo New Member

Anyone considering whether or not to walk the Camino del Norte might find it useful to view this video of my walk in 2016 to get an idea of the fabulous scenery and camaraderie.

2. TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo

oosXRcTnZtE is the ID in YouTube

3. KungFu Pili

KungFu Pili New Member

Wow! Thank you for sharing this journey. I just came back from my Porto to Santiago trip and I am already exploring next possibilities. I can't take more than 3 weeks off work so I couldn't do the whole 1000km. If yo have suggestions on starting and ending points I would love to hear your ideas. These are beautiful pictures!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    As you can only take 3 weeks of work, one suggestion would be, rather than miss out a section and later regret the decision, what you could do is start in Irun and walk as far as you can in your given timeframe.

This is more or less what I did with my own Camino Norte (But for a slightly different reason, that was that I always knew that I would one day walk a Camino from my home in Cumbria to Santiago de Compostela and therefore I wanted to save the Camino Norte from Santander – But this still left two sections available to me – Irun to Santander and Villlaviciosa to Melide on The Camino Primativo – I was lucky enough to complete both of these routes and then, My Big Camino from home)

The biggest decision that you will have to make is when you get to Villlaviciosa as this is where the route splits with one option continuing along the coast and the other option, The Camino Primativo heading up into the mountains - I have since walked both routes and I wouldn’t like to say which is the better :) – So you could well end up. Like me. Walking them both !!

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

5. TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo

Hi Pili, I would agree with the advice given by Rob. It’s really difficult to pick out one place over another as they all have their own charms (and challenges). Many pilgrims I met were only walking for a week or two and returned, or planned to return, each year to pick up from where they left off to continue with their Camino and this seemed to work very well for them. If you would like to discover a bit more about my walk and the Del Norte route, I can provide you with details of my book. Whatever, you choose to do, I hope you really enjoy it! Buen Camino, Dermot

UnkleHammy and RJS like this.