1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Invierno En El Verano?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Topics' started by Laurie Ferris, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris Laurie Ferris

Home Page:
    Hola Peregrinos,
    I’m starting to research the Invierno route and noticed there is no forum for it here yet. Is it too “off the beaten bath” to qualify?
    Can one request a new forum be created to segment this route for others who might be interested?
    I don’t know exactly when I’ll be back in Spain, but it looks like maybe June or early July. Who has some experience with the winter way in summer?
    Gracias!
    Laurie

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Laurie

Alas, I can’t be of much help to you on this one as this isn’t a route that I have walked myself – But the CSJ has a page at

https://www.csj.org.uk/planning-you...-santiago/routes-in-spain/camino-de-invierno/

That might help with your research :) Then depending on what other feedback you get on here will probably influence whether The Invierno then gets its own personal page on here too :-

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

Laurie Ferris likes this.
  3. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris Laurie Ferris

Home Page:
    Thanks Rob. I’ll take a look at CSJ, but it would be nice to have real stories and tips from fellow pilgrims on this forum. On the one hand, I like that the route seems to be less populated. But on the other, I’m wondering why and getting a little nervous!

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi again Laurie

I think that you would be very lucky to find someone who has walked this route and posts on here as it has only been officially recognised since 2015– It might happen, but most posters on here have only walked the more popular, well known routes.

But

Please don’t let that worry you as half of the fun of walking the less tramped routes is researching the “Way”

Here, for the more obscure routes that I have been lucky enough to walk, the website Mundicamino has often come to the rescue, so I had a quick look on there, and I am pleased to say that it is Full of info starting with

http://www.mundicamino.com/los-cami...da/puente-de-domingo-florez/tipo/descripcion/

If you do walk this “Way”, then it will be an entirely different experience to the more popular routes, you might not come across other pilgrims for days at a time and won’t have to worry about the crowded Refugio’s - If it is anything like the less well known routes that I have walked, then it could well be a very peaceful experience and one that will stay with you for a long time.

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

Laurie Ferris and UnkleHammy like this.