1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Portuguese In November?

Discussion in 'The Camino Portugues' started by Tina-Marie Brownie, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Tina-Marie Brownie

Tina-Marie Brownie Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi, I have a month after doing the Via de la Plata - the month of November and was thinking about doing the Camino Portuguese back to back. Are there Albergues open in this month and is it good walking weather? Thanks in advance for your assistance :)

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  2. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

Tina, I remember when you were planning for your first one! Please write about the Via de la Plata along the way or afterwards if you can. Gronze.com helped my sister and I related to opening dates for the Portuguese, but we didn't go in November. I froze mid-October in Galicia, but you may be more cold-tolerant. So glad you're getting loads of hiking in this year!

danvo and Tina-Marie Brownie like this.
  3. Tina-Marie Brownie

Tina-Marie Brownie Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Crepes4Suzette, yes I have been bitten by the Camino bug and have it bad :) I even run my own FB page which is going really well. Hubby and I are trying to cram 2 caminos into one trip since the flights back and forth from Oz are so long and tiring. I am a bit concerned that November may be too cold but maybe all I need to do is add a winter clothing allowance into my budget and pick up some things along the way?? I can always send my summer clothing from Via de la Plata back home by mail if needed I guess. I want to walk them all and so I feel like a kid in the candy store - so many caminos and I want to try them all :p

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HikingCaminoDeSantiagoAndTheWorld/

4. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, I get it, Tina-Marie!

I've met so many wonderful Ozzies on Caminos and am always amazed at what intrepid travellers you guys are!

Sometimes I go to the thrift store here and pick up things super-cheap that I can just leave at albergues as the season changes (and in hopes that someone else can make use of the item). This year, I'll probably do what you're doing and send things home as the weather warms up. Maybe I'll pack up a small box for my husband to mail to one of the post offices along the way to have some cooler clothing options. If I have it right, in Spain they'll keep a package for 30 days.

danvo and Tina-Marie Brownie like this.
  5. anniem

anniem Active Member

6. Margareta Varenhed

Margareta Varenhed Member

I sent a package from Pamplona to Santiago a couple of years ago, and they kept it for 30 days in the Santiago post office. It's special for Pilgrims.
    So I guess it's still like that.
    And I also want to walk the Camino Portugues this autumn but maybe start around the 20th of October so I will follow this thread. <3