Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Camino Primitivo in June 2015

Discussion in 'Camino Primitivo or Original Way' started by lucymi, Feb 11, 2015.

1. lucymi

lucymi Member

I've made up my mind to do the Camino Primitivo in June. Many thanks to Kat Davis - I have read your blog over and over again and now I can't wait to get going. Kat, if you read this I'd like to say a huge thank you for all the great info in your blog.
    I've booked a Ryanair flight from Hahn/Germany to Santander on 9th June. From Santander I'll take the bus or train to Oviedo. I'll probably stay 2 nights in Oviedo for sightseeing before heading off. Flight back from Santiago on 30th June.
    If any of you have any tips or good advice I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

KatDavis likes this.
  2. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Whilst in Oviedo, don't miss the "monumentos" on the Naranco sites. From the upper church you can take a short path from where to continue your Camino, thus avoiding to return into town.;)

3. lucymi

lucymi Member

Thanks Fraluchi, the Naranco sites are definitely on my "must see" list. I love old buildings, castles, churches, ruins, can spend hours traipsing around old buildings.

4. KatDavis

KatDavis Member

Home Page:
    Thanks @lucymi, I'm sure you'll absolutely love it!!

(If time permitted, you could start from Santander and walk the Norte, then branch off to Oviedo - I've not done this but I met quite a few people who did).

Buen Camino!

Kat

5. lucymi

lucymi Member

Hi Kat, actually I have been considering this vaguely as I love being near the sea, but it could mean I might not be able to make it all the way to SdC. On the other hand, if I'm short of time, I can bus some stages in between. So many decisions to make :)
    Hope your preparations for your next BIG TRIP are going well.

KatDavis likes this.
  6. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Make a note of the fact that there are no regular bus services between Grandas and A'Fonsagrada. The Oviedo-Grandas route is covered once a day by Alsa.es. From A'Fonsagrada there are multiple daily services to Lugo.:cool:

lucymi likes this.
  7. oldman

oldman Oldman Donating Member

Going walking again ,on the ferry from Rosslaire this evening taking a long route to Oviedo ( another story ) start walking Monday 3rd July.
    Buen Camino.
    Oldman.

Greg Canning likes this.
  8. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    You’ve picked a great Camino Oldman – The Camino Primitivo was one of my most favourites :) – Some Cracking scenery and wonderful places to stay – I Know you will have a wonderful walk, if you get the chance to pop up an occasional post and share your experiences with us, then All the Better

Best Regards and Buen Camino

Rob

oldman and Greg Canning like this.