1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Camino Tips: Baggage Transport

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Topics' started by Laurie Ferris, May 1, 2019.

1. Laurie Ferris

Laurie Ferris Laurie Ferris

Home Page:
    Here's another hot topic - Carry your pack or use a transport service?

Cathy Seitchik Diaz is currently walking the Camino Francés and has more useful tips which she would like to share to help pilgrims along the way. Today, she describes the different baggage transport services that she and David use. Even though they focus only on the Camino Francés, you will find some practical advice for any Camino route that you choose to walk. Below is the second post in the series of Cathy’s Camino Tips, fresh from the Francés!

[​IMG]
    Baggage Transport on the Camino
    by Cathy Seitchik Diaz

We arranged with baggage transport company Express Bourricot to have our one duffel bag transported from:
    – St Jean to Orisson
    – Orisson to Roncesvalles
    It cost 8€ each Transport.
    Less expensive then knee surgery or a Physical Therapist.
    Express Bourricott also is the company that picks up pilgrims at the Biarritz Airport.
    1-4 people €89-€19 euros
    5+ people – €19 euros each
    – They are located just a few doors down from the Pilgrim OFFICE and across the street from the Pilgrim STORE.
    31, Rue de la Citadelle
    64220 St Jean Pied de Port. France
    Tel: (+33) 6 61 96 04 76
    contact@expressbourricot.com
    www.expressbourricot.com
    And ….. for Roncesvalles to Santiago, then Finisterre to Muxia.
    We use:
    JacoTrans
    Paq Mochila is an option offered by CORREOS for transporting your rucksack and suitcases to your chosen accommodation along the Way of St James. It will collect your items first thing in the morning at the accommodation stated and deliver them before 2.30 pm to your chosen hostel, hotel or lodging for the next stage. That way you can travel along the Way of St James unburdened by your luggage.
    See: El Camino con Correros
    Background
    – On our 1st Camino in 2015, I injured my knee.
    – David had the brilliant idea to buy one duffel bag and each lighten our packs a bit by Transporting some of our heavier things in the duffel bag and still carrying our backpacks with our most essentials.
    – This worked so well, we continued in Camino 2016, 2027, 2018.
    – We used JacoTrans and many of the wonderful local Pack Transport services.
    – Near the end of the Camino last year we learned about …….
    “El Camino con Correros” and their “PAQ MOCHILA” service.
    – While in Santiago I went into the Correos Office near the Cathedral and the people there were SO Helpful, Kind, Attentive that I decided to try their “PAQ MOCHILA” service;
    – Santiago to Finisterre to Muxia.
    https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/rucksack-transfer
    We can arrange 2-3 or more Transfers at a time or 1 at a time.
    – If you are a person that likes to Reserve your Albergues, Hostals, Casa Rurales and even Hotels, in advance -you will love this!!
    – If you have ANY questions, FB Message me, and I will give you all of my Correos Contact information and tell you how we did it.

Does this help?
    Warmly, your Camiga –
    FB & Instagram
    – Cathy Seitchik Diaz –

-----
    This is the 2nd post in a series of Cathy's Camino Tips. Next, Cathy will share communication strategies - What'sApp, Email, Viber, etc.

BROWNCOUNTYBOB and UnkleHammy like this.