1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casa Licerio, A Casa Rural In Samos

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by Ashley Weaver, Jun 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ashley Weaver

Ashley Weaver New Member

Greetings Fellow Piglrims!

After beginning my camino in SJPP in September 2013 and finishing in Muxia in October 2015 (over 3 separate stages) I decided I wanted to be a part of the Camino by offering accomodations to pilgrims on the Camino. You can read the rest of that story at http://www.everyonehasastory.world/blog/

As of June 1, 2016, I have taken over as the proprietor of Casa Licerio, a casa rural in Samos, Galicia, 129 km from Santiago and 15km before Sarria on the Camino Frances. Casa Licerio has capacity for 10 pilgrims in 4 private rooms with private bathrooms. The Pilgrims' room is available for pilgrims to relax, read and share stories.

Prices:
    15€ for a bed in a shared room - max 3 beds
    30€ for a single room
    40€ for a double room
    50€ for a triple room

Reservations may be made 2 days in advance.

Wifi and laundry services are available. I also offer a "welcome" tapas hour each evening at 5 as an opportunity to get to know fellow pilgrims and share our stories.

Samos is a stop not to be missed. The monastery, which has roots dating back to the 9th century, offers daily tours (every hour on the half hour starting at 9:30 until 6:30 - except 2:30) as well as a Pilgrim's Mass following a short Vesper Service in Gregorian Chant every evening at 7:30. And I might be biased, but the panaderia in Samos has the best chocolate croissants ("napolitanas") on the Camino! So, as you leave Triacastela, choose the road to the left. Casa Licerio is on the Camino as you walk away from the Monastery 400 meters, directly across from Garza Supermercado.

I look forward to welcoming you thru October 31, 2016 and, Lord willing, summer of 2017!

Contact Information:
    Ashley Weaver
    Casa Licerio
    Avendia Compostela 44
    27620 Samos, Lugo
    WhatsApp: +1.970.471.3584
    casalicerio@gmail.com
    www.facebook.com/CasaLicerio
    www.everyonehasastory.world
    Twitter - @CasaLicerio
    Instagram - @CasaLicerio

Wily and elisbeth like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Ashley, what a delightful looking casa rural. Thanks for including photos. Your facilities look top notch and the idea of a tapas hour sounds like great fun. Although I've just finished my Camino this year, I will certainly look to stay at Casa Licerio in Samos next time. Good luck with your new adventure!

Ashley Weaver likes this.
  3. elisbeth

elisbeth New Member

Looks lovely. Would look forward to meeting you. Planning to be there sometime late September. Buen Camino

Woodchild and Ashley Weaver like this.
  4. Ashley Weaver

Ashley Weaver New Member

Wily! Thanks for your encouragement. Look forward to hosting you next time. Buen Camino!

5. Ashley Weaver

Ashley Weaver New Member

Elisabeth - Nos vemos pronto! Buen Camino!

6. lucymi

lucymi Member

Looks like a lovely place to stay. Good luck with your enterprise.