1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling Camino Via De La Plata

Discussion in 'Camino Via de la Plata - The Silver Route' started by Brandon Ferreira, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Brandon Ferreira

Brandon Ferreira New Member

Evening all, I am planning my third Camino cycle - any worthwhile advice, Planning on starting the Camino Via de la Plata on 24/06/2017 and completing in 9 days.

RubyBlues and Wily like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Brandon - As a fellow cyclist, I envy and commend your upcoming Camino. As a Camino walker, let me offer this one piece of advice. If you don't already have one, please put a bell on your bike. Walkers need warning that cyclists are coming up behind them. We all want a safe journey. Buen Camino.

Canadian Wander and danvo like this.
  3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi Brandon and welcome to the forum – You have found a great place to research your coming Via de la Plata cycle ride.

I can’t be of much help as I aren’t a cyclist, but I did walk the route a few years ago, so thought I could chip in with at least one good “Tip” and that is to take the Ourense Variant where the route splits at Granja de Moreruela (The true Via de la Plata continues north to Astorga where it joins the Camino Frances) – This variant passes through some truly amazing country with spectacular views – You can also detour to The Convento de Moreruela, the oldest Cistercian Convent in Spain from near to Granja de Moreruela which I thought was a worthwhile side trip :)

I have written up my trek notes at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/50192/3df43/ - There might be some info there that could be useful to you.

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

danvo likes this.