1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the Camino Frances, wanna try another......

Discussion in 'Camino Via de la Plata - The Silver Route' started by Aryk, May 27, 2012.

1. Aryk

Aryk New Member

Hi everyone.... sorry its taken me so long to post on the forum. I found me a store here in the us that sells Kas limon. if ya want some, I know where..... Having had such a wonderful time on the Camino Frances I really want to do another. Not the same one though. Something about not knowing anything about where Im going is half the fun. My question is, which is harder, the Northern Route or Via de la Plata?? I know harder is a very subjective word, but please.

2. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
  3. Lipka149

Lipka149 Active Member

Hey Aryk -

Yeah, I've missed ya. Still recovering and reflecting ??? :D

Be sure to read Jackie's stuff in the Via de la Plata thread. Her book is great ! I have a Word copy of the first edition if you can't get the newly edited version. Friend up everyone who has walked these routes and share PM's. Then let us know what you think.

BTW, how's the knee ?

4. Aryk

Aryk New Member

Hi Lipka and Leslie, to tell you the truth. Since being back I could have cared less about picking up my laptop. Being unpluged for 6 weeks has had a lasting effect. I used to live on that damn iPhone. Now I feel like its tumor. Anyways, the knee is great. I took two days off in Leon. Had a huge effect. Was walking with guy from Germany, Andreus. We walked from Roncesvalles to Leon together, well along with about a dozen others who started together. But we actually spent all day everyday together. He felt my pain. But he was German, so he could endure almost everything. Those Germans are machines. Well we had to part in Leon, but we promised to meet again in Santiago on Good Friday. When we saw each other from across the plaza, I was running to greet him. He was like "WOW, thought you wernt going to make it". Those two days of just chilling out, eating at McDonalds did a world of good. If I get back to Leon, I know where the McDonalds and Burger King are at, and a dodgy Indian resturant. Also had one night break in Burgos. Not for pain. Just for a break. The little band I was with went to a Spanish blues bar and saw Gatos Bizcos. Got drunk Mahou, taught them all how to drink Taquila. Lick the salt, take the shot, suck on a lemon.

5. Aryk

Aryk New Member

Have tried and tried, but cant seem to figure out how to put up a profile picture. Wheres that at??

6. Aryk

Aryk New Member

found it!!!!!!!

7. Lipka149

Lipka149 Active Member

Hey Aryk !

Thanks for sharing a little more of your Camino experience. I remember how excited you were before you went and how concerned you were about weight, what to take with you, etc., etc., etc. Your few posts after returning didn't say much about the impact the Camino had on you other than pain and fatigue and bad weather. You hinted at better things though ...

... and now this post !!!

It is wonderful to read about your friends and how you spent time together and how you got twirly teaching them how to do something so "Texas" and how you were greeted entering Santiago and your thoughts on German stamina, and American food after the pilgrim's menu and Spanish Blues. :D

Thanks again, man. Your witness is a reminder to me of all that is good about the Camino, and about life.