Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Digital List Of The Alburgues On The Portuguese?

Discussion in 'The Camino Portugues' started by stevelm1, Jul 9, 2017.

1. stevelm1

stevelm1 The Happy Peregrino Donating Member

Home Page:
    I am sure many of you have seen and maybe even used the digital list of alburgues along the Camino Frances. I wonder if there is a list like that for the Portuguese and if so does anyone have a link to it?

2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Steve - In planning our CP, I didn't run across such a single listing as you're referring to that exists for the CF. The two websites that I found helpful and used most in researching albergues were:

Gronze.com

Mundicamino.com

Between these two sites, you have about all the same information as that list you're looking for. Unfortunately, it's just not organized into a single spread sheet. Buen Camino!

stevelm1 likes this.
  3. stevelm1

Home Page:
    Thanks for the links Wily. I plan to walk the CP next year and am starting my planning for my second Camino.

Wily likes this.
  4. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Steve - Glad to help. If you check out our CP blog below, you'll find that one of the first entries list our itinerary with accommodations. Doing our research in advance helped us pick out some pretty nice places to stay from albergues to hostels to people's homes. Without exception, we'd stay at any of these places again. And, if I can make a pitch for one particular place, the Casa de Fernanda, between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima, was an exception pilgrim experience because of her genuine hospitality. If you can, try to plan a stop there. Bom Caminho!

5. Rich

Rich New Member

Hi Steve,

I have an excel spreadsheet that lists accommodation for the Portuguese Way, which I am currently walking. If you email me on ricowilf@yahoo.co.nz I can forward it to you. I can't recall which forum I got this from so cannot take credit for compiling it nor its accuracy but it's a start for sure. Anyone else that wants it please feel free to email me. I only have my phone so a bit hard to download and put on this site. Cheers Rich

stevelm1 likes this.
  6. Sunny

Sunny New Member

7. stevelm1

Home Page:
    Thanks Sunny, Rich and Wily. I will work with all these lists and perhaps make one of my own.

Wily likes this.