1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody have up to date information on the albergues/hostels along the Way? Along with prices

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by joe, Apr 15, 2011.

1. joe

joe Member

It doesn't matter if there are no up to date ones, but it would be nice to know so I could estimate a time plan to see which hostels I may and may not end up staying at. Prices would be handy too because if there is a cheaper hostel 4-5km further down then I would probably go to it (i'm kind of on a tight budget and I'm going to try to squeeze every cent of every euro lol).

Thanks in advance for any information :)

Jackster likes this.
  2. HuskyNerd

HuskyNerd Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Re: Does anybody have up to date information on the albergues/hostels along the Way? Along with pric

Hi Joe ~
    It doesn't take too much Spanish to use this great website: Albergues | Guía del Camino de Santiago | EROSKI CONSUMER which Consumer Eroski puts out for Spanish pilgrims. Just click on an albergue then click for "Ver ficha completa . . . " ("see complete file..."). Price and lots of other details are included. When you explore the entire website you'll see it has lots and lots of great pilgrim info.
    Buen camino ~
    Sandy

Jackster likes this.
  3. joe

joe Member

Re: Does anybody have up to date information on the albergues/hostels along the Way? Along with pric

I have absolutely no knowledge in the Spanish language, but I'll give it a go... after a while I'm sure I'll get the hang of which buttons to press. Thanks :)

4. HuskyNerd

Home Page:

Don't be intimidated. Numbers and Euro symbols are the same in English and Spanish. ;-)

5. joe

joe Member

I used a website called "www.online-translator.com"

You simply copy and paste the web address of the page you want, select the language it is in, then select the language you it translated to, and then it'll translate the majority of that website. I've just done it and now I'm reading that spanish website in english :)

Just thought I'd let you know so you can tell people about it when you give them foreign websites. Thanks again, it's got a lot of information!

6. HuskyNerd

Home Page:

Lots of people use Google Translate also. Just type the URL into the blank and the page miraculously appears fully (almost) translated. Google Translate . I wasn't sure about your Spanish knowledge and didn't want to insult you by suggesting an online translation service. :)

7. joe

joe Member

I wouldn't be insulted even if I was Spanish myself, I see things like that as courteous instead of insulting. I've never had to view a foreign website before so i've never used Google Translate, but the funny thing is I used Google to search for a translating website! Ah well, it's translated anyway.

8. guidance

guidance Member

Hi. 5€ is the average price for the goverment sponsered hostels,no towels,toilet paper maybe,paper sheet,pillowcase,if your lucky,with anything from 20-100 people shareing toilets and showers.The private hostels cost around 10€,but are smaller,therefore not so overcrowded.A single room in a small hotel will cost you about 25€

9. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

10. Lipka149

Lipka149 Active Member

Incredible.

David, you deserve a halo ! (Along with anyone else who had a hand in this.)

By chance, do you have this info for other Caminos ?

11. Waterweed

Waterweed Member

Also below is a camino guide authored by GeraldKelly

Free Camino Guide to download: http://www.caminoguide.net

12. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

Went to the Angel store but they were all too small for me - have to wait for the swelling to go down :D Actually, it's simply a task of collating what exists on the internet rather than creating everything from scratch. My co-author isn't a member on this site but is in another place :cool:

Unfortunately we were concentrating on producing a resource for our smartphones to be used on the Camino Frances. perhaps when we come back in October.

13. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

I came across this site recently and if you look under 'Albergues' and then the drop down 'Albergues por Caminos' you may find what you are seeking.

14. jfcoghlan

jfcoghlan New Member

Looks like the file has been removed :(

15. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

16. clearer_skies

clearer_skies Member

Home Page:

Thanks a million for this BlackDog, this is exactly what I am looking for!
    There is some great work put into this!!

17. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

I would like to reiterate this is a compilation of various sources. I am merely a collator. Thus, feedback is essential to keep it up to date. Everyone's input is welcome with corrections, amendments, observations, etc!

18. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

19. EagleAK

EagleAK Peach

Just returned from my Camino. what kind of information are you looking for?

20. BlackDog

BlackDog Member

Details of albergues that you stopped in where it differs from what is shown on the pdf file, bed numbers, costs and facilities. Or those that weren't open anymore etcetera. Many thanks to those who have contributed.

21. EagleAK

EagleAK Peach

t(The information that is out there on the albergues is accurate, we only had one incident where the place we planned to stay at was Already closed for the season. For some locations especially as we got into Galicia is where we noticed places were already closed (Oct)for the winter season. however this should not detour you there were still plenty of places to accommodate. )

22. Dylan Price

Dylan Price Member

Most of the guide books have a breakdown of the prices (approximate) and show locations as well. You do great great list from the pilgrims office in St Jean as well which has the prices on it. Budget wise - if you don't mind the bunking option - go on an average of 8-10 euros. Some of the municipals may only be 5 and some are by donation.