Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Donate to Forum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    I have set up an ability to donate to the forum in your user admin.

If you donate all the ads provided by Google will be removed for a period of time:

€10 for three month
    €15 for 6 months
    €25 for 1 year
    €50 forever - never see these ads again.

Your user designation will change to Donating Member - however you can change this if you wish.

There are three ways to donate right now: you can go to this page on my blog and click the donate button and fill in the amount. Please add your forum email address in the comments field when paying - this will help me to administer.

http://www.caminoadventures.com/camino-maps/ - and why not down load the maps for the Camino Frances while you are there.

If you have a paypal account, you can use my email address caminoadventures@gmail.com and just enter the amount.

The last way is on the forum. In the menu above, towards the right hover over your name. A drop down menu will appear. At the bottom right of the menu is the label "Account Upgrades" click this and follow the instructions on screen.

NO donations are recurring, personally I don't like recurring payments. If you want to upgrade again in the future you can manually but following the steps above again.

Why Donate?

It is a donation and there is no need to, I understand that this will be fine for some and not others.

I have had my eye on cloud hosting for a while and new software. This will eventually make the forum run faster.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. highlander

highlander Donating Member Donating Member

Hi Leslie

Just done a 3 month one for now. I will be away all year when I leave on the 20th March.

I think when someone donates it can actually encourage a person to be more active and benefit them...I have observed this on other types of forums, so it benefits everyone...

3. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Thanks.

I hope so, it would be good to have member come back especially after they have walked or cycled.

I send a newsletter out most weeks also - but I don't have a sign up form on the forum here, just from my blog. So I will add that soon as it might help people stay in touch.

And I was hoping that you might join us from time to time and give some updates while you are walking, but either way have a great time.

4. Suzanne Tessier

Suzanne Tessier Member

i am happy to donate... your information platform is invaluable! Many thanks.

5. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Sometimes I get donations that come via an email address that is not the same as the email address used for the forum.

When this happens the member designation is not changed automatically - it would be great if you could send me a private message and I will change on the forum.

Thanks

Suzanne Tessier likes this.
  6. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Hi Leslie
    I donated via paypal and thought I sent an email via my work address. (htdtraining@bigpond.com Can you confirm payment, I don't have email configured on this this laptop at home hence the message via the forum. Sorry to be a pain.

7. Suzanne Tessier

Suzanne Tessier Member

I'm not sure why I'm seeing this now... nonetheless i did donate and noticed it was never reflected on my status ... didn't give it much thought bec donating was the purpose and not, being acknowledged. So again, I thank you for this awesome forum.

8. Woodchild

Woodchild Member

I've donated but not worried about losing the ads! There everywhere anyway and I rarely notice them. I'm just really grateful for this forum, I leave for my first Camino in 40 days. I'm sure I wouldn't be as prepared as I am without this resource.
    Cheers X

Armorel and Wily like this.
  9. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Let me second Woodchild's sentiments. I, too, found the Forum prior to my Camino and the information That everyone offered really helped me prepare for one of life's great opportunities. Staying involved with the Forum now that I'm home allows me to try to give back just a little of what I was given on my walk. My Camino began well before my first step out of SJPP and continues now, well after the hiking gear has been put away.

10. Tina-Marie Brownie

Tina-Marie Brownie Active Member

Hi Woodchild, which Camino are you doing and are you blogging whilst you do it? Buen Camino

Armorel likes this.
  11. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Hi Folks
    Start my Camino in 3 weeks on the 22nd August from St Jean. I also concur that the forum has been extremely valuable for preparation and help to not make the beginner mistakes which we are all prone to.
    Thanks Leslie and all the contributors.

12. Woodchild

Woodchild Member

I'm walking the French route and doubtful about a blog, but I'll update on here most likely.

Armorel likes this.
  13. Anthony Finnegan

Anthony Finnegan New Member

Leslie, six months donation made. I expect to be using the site quite a bit over the next five months or so. thanks

Wily likes this.
  14. Lou Galan

Lou Galan New Member

Just gladly donated. This forum has so much information! Thank you for creating it.

hindsfeet and Wily like this.