1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Etias

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnkleHammy, Mar 6, 2019.

1. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

Recently Europe has adopted, or is in the process of adopting , a new visa like thing for visitors. I recommend doing a Google search for ETIAS to get information.

It seems to start applying in 2021 and involves signing up on line so that they can do a background check of you to see if they will allow you in. The whole process make take up to 96 hours, so it is not something that can be out off to the last minute.

Ginamarie, Crepes4Suzette and Wily like this.
  2. davebugg

davebugg DustOff: "When I Have Your Wounded"

It looks like a far easier process than exists now, especially if your passport has biometric data. But in looking at the FAQs, I am still not understanding what the benefit would be (as an American) as to length of time allowed for traveling in the EU. It appears that the same time limits apply as they do now?

UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

The biggest problem that I see is having to do it, and getting the process complete before getting on the plane.

4. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Thanks for this information Unklehammy. Wasn’t aware of this for 2021.

As I was reading the online news this morning, I ran across this article for the Mobile Passport App.

https://www.businessinsider.com/travel-tip-use-mobile-passport-instead-of-global-entry-2019-3

https://mobilepassport.us/

It is designed to expedite entry into the US at 25 different airports. Whereas there is a fee for the Global Entry/NEXUS credential that some of us have, the Mobile Passport is free. It may be worth looking into for reducing waiting in long custom lines at US ports of entry for eligible travelers. Buen Camino!