1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fromista To Santiago

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Susisu, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Susisu

Susisu New Member

Hi - I’m back on the Camino for leg 3 this summer and need to return to Santander from Fromista near Burgos on Saturday 25th August. Does anyone have recent info on trains or bus please?

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
  3. Greg Canning

Greg Canning Well-Known Member

Hi Susisu

I have had a quick look at the Renfe App and the only option it's offering on 25 August is a train from Fromista to Palencia at 9.36 am with an onward connection from Palencia to Santander at 3.50pm arriving in Santander at 6.15pm or the later train Rob mentioned above at 8.38pm. Trains at weekends from local stations like Fromista can be few and very far between.

The line from Palemcia to Santander actually runs through Fromista! On the day before (i.e. Friday 24 August) there is a train that stops in Fromista on the way to Santander. It leaves Fromista at 17.24 and arrives in Santander at 19.47. So if you have to be in Santander for a flight early on Saturday that might be a good option. Have a look at the Renfe site https://venta.renfe.com/vol/home.do?c=_O92C

Buen Camino

Greg

danvo, Susisu, Ginamarie and 2 others like this.