1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Altus Poncho In Sarria?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mary Lindung, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

1. Mary Lindung

Mary Lindung New Member

I want to get an Altus poncho. I understand that it can be purchased in Sarria. But can anyone tell me exactly where? I'll have just a few hours in Sarria and I don't want to be wandering all over town looking for this.
    Thanks!

2. davebugg

davebugg DustOff: "When I Have Your Wounded"

This store in Sarria carries Altus, and other brands of ponchos. The website contains the address. The store is fairly comprehensive in their gear and clothing inventory, and they cater to Pilgrims. I enjoyed just looking around, and purchased a 'buff' there. :)

If open to other suggestions, I find the Frogg Toggs poncho to be much lighter in weight, far less expensive, and much better with breathability and ventilation to keep interior condensation and wetting low.

UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

Dave, my wife and I learned about "buffs" a few months before our second camino (fall, 2017). We bought one each for both of us and really loved the convenience and versitility of them. And they come in so many colors and designs they can be quite stylish. I pulled mine around my neck, ears and top of my head during the cold mornings. They are also great to keep the sun off your neck and forehead, even if you are wearing a hat.

One morning in an albergue in Mansilla de las Mulas, my wife went to the bathroom to get ready for the day's hike. She came back to our room and was very agitated, saying she either lost her buff or someone had stolen it. She was in a funk for quite some time. I assured her that if it did not show up, we'd find a store to buy her another one. It never showed up, so we went to a nice pilgrim's store in Leon and I bought her another one. Later on, I bought her another one, which she greatly appreciated. For our upcoming camino, we each have two buffs to wear, which is great ! Bob

davebugg and UnkleHammy like this.