1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Eats In Basque Country

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wily, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

The website Culinary Backstreets just published this article Basque Country, Bite by Bite that I thought some would enjoy.

http://culinarybackstreets.com/cities-category/barcelona/2017/cb-on-the-road-31/

Whether your travels to or from the Camino take you through San Sebastian or not, the focus of the article is on the food, and in particular the pinxtos, one can find all through the Basque region. For me, one of the great cultural rewards of spending time in Spain was enjoying the food so unique to this area from the jamon iberico to the tortillas to the bacalao. Buen provecho!

2. Canadian Wander

Canadian Wander Well-Known Member

mouth...watering, soul stirring....plans brewing for next trip,

Wily likes this.
  3. Ampiji

Ampiji New Member

Hi Wily,
    Many thanks for your extremely informative posts, especially this one re my favourite thing & one of the main reasons I am doing the Camino Norte -food, glorious food !

Wily likes this.
  4. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Ampiji - Glad you found the post helpful. As pilgrims, we face a number of challenges from the physical to the psychological to the spiritual as we walk. As travelers, I suggest that we face similar eye-opening opportunities as we visit new lands far from our home. In that sense, we're all pilgrims whether we're walking a Camino or not. We can learn so much not just about others, but about ourselves as well in our daily interactions with new faces in new places.

To travel in Spain is a genuine treat! Their deep historical roots are apparent in nearly every town you enter. The rich cultural heritage of this part of the world, including the glorious food, can open eyes and hearts to ways that may be different from our own and leave us all just a bit richer for having traveled through and been welcomed as guests by the many wonderful people we meet along the Way. Enjoy your Camino del Norte!

hindsfeet likes this.