1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello - Introduction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Valleyboy, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Valleyboy

Valleyboy New Member

Hi All,

Just a quick Hi, and thanks for adding me as a Forum member.

This is a "special" year for me as I celebrate my 60th year on the Planet. As part of the celebration I wanted to undertake a Camino, and after much research and consideration, the optimum one for me with regard to time constraints and personal preferences, is the Camino Portugues, which I intend to do in it's entirety (from Lisbon) in July / August 2018.

I am a keen long distance trekker and ultra distance runner, but I look forward with great anticipation to my first Camino, I also look forward to interacting on the Forum.

Tony.

2. Canadian Wander

Canadian Wander When in doubt, rack out...

Welcome aboard Valleyboy! You will find this forum a huge asset in the preparation and planning for your Camino, and cool stories to tempt you into further adventures.
    Hope you add your info and perspective of the CP route...as my wife and I will be doing this is Sept!
    Cheers!

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  3. David Fletcher

David Fletcher Member

Hi Tony -- I did the Frances in 2015 for my 60th. It was a challenge, 'cause I'm not a trekker by any stretch of the imagination, but the physical challenges were overcome pretty quickly and the walk itself, the people I met, and entering the Spirit of the Camino still inspire me, especially since I seriously broke my leg this summer and am now only walking about 80 meters at a time rather than 800.

Buon Camino!

David in Nova Scotia

4. lynda turk

lynda turk New Member

It will be hot!!! If the albergues are full then you can stay at the fire stations (bomberos) for free. Cold showers as well. Carry a bit of food. I did it when I was 60.five years ago.