1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How easy is it to get a Pilgrim's Passport along the route?

Discussion in 'Albergues - Hostels' started by daffodil, Aug 19, 2008.

1. daffodil

daffodil New Member

I'm not coming to the Camino from home, so I will need to pick up a Pilgrim Passport en route. I will be starting the route in Leon, can anyone tell me where I can get the passport at or near here.

Thx

2. CJT

CJT New Member

You will be able to pick one up in Leon at the Albergue attached to the Convent Santa Maria near the centre of town (I don't know about the municipal one as didn't stay there but assume you could there also). It is open from 11am each day.

Best of Luck on your Camino

3. daffodil

daffodil New Member

How Easy Is It to Get a Pilgrim Passport

Thanks so much CJT - that was very helpful.

Daffodil:)

4. albalan

albalan Guest

Hello, I was a volunteer at the Benadictine convent in Le?n several summers ago. We issued passports just about every day. It's no problem. We did ask for a donation, most people left a couple of ?s. Le?n is a fine city. I hope you take the time to enjoy it.

Tom
    Castellon
    Spain

5. joolvera

joolvera Guest

Arriving fromthe USA. Need to know where i can pick up a Pilgrim's passport. I have heard Pamplona? Is this correct/

6. thomasthetraveler

thomasthetraveler New Member

This is a great question, I will be needing to get one myself when I start in St. Jean de Port in France is there a place there to pick one up?

7. Covey

Covey Active Member

You can get your Pilgrim Passport in St Jean from the Pilgrim Office in the High Street.

You can get a Pilgrim Passport from the Roncesvalles Pilgrim Office and from the main albergue in Pamplona.

The majority of "official"albergues will issue you with a Pilgrim Passport but few of the "private" albergues will keep them. The main albergues in Burgos, Leon, Ponferada, Cebriero and Sarria all issue passports.

8. marian

marian Guest

Is it possible to get a passport from where I live in Spain or only on the route. I live near Torrevieja. Its called foreward planning as I am not starting the walk until September 2014.