1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Did You Spend Per Day On The Camino?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, Jun 20, 2015.

?

How Much did You Spend Per Day

1. Less than €20

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Less than €30

15 vote(s)
    26.8%
  3. Less than €40

21 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Less than 50

11 vote(s)
    19.6%
  5. More than €50

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Margareta Varenhed

Margareta Varenhed Member

My plan is to continue the Le Puy camino, and start from Cahors where I stopped last summer, and walk to SJPP or to Pamplona. I also want to do the Camino Portuges from Lisbon to Santiago.

2. Darryl Olverson

Darryl Olverson New Member

Thanks Mr. fraluchi, that's very useful.

3. keithlundy1

keithlundy1 Active Member

The daily cost for the Camino really depends on you and what you can afford. In 2015 I spent on average 42 euros per day however in 2017 this came down quite considerably to just under 35 euros, this was not because I was being stingy but sensible. I never paid more than 10 for my Albergue and where a pilgrim meal was offered I had one (including wine) another 10, breakfast 7 when I had it and lunch I bought bread rolls and fillings each day on route (cheese, tomato, tuna, ham) I never really spent more than 5 and as a coffee drinker I took coffee sachets (no weight at all) and when I stopped I would just ask for hot water which they were quite happy to give me.
    So if you're walking on a budget it's possible to keep your costs down and still eat and drink well. I was burning in excess of 5000 calories (Garmin watch) every day as most men should if you walk it in around 31 days, have you ever tried eating 5000 calories of food every day for a week let alone a month, I lost over a stone in weight and came home very fit a trim, I was quite pleased with myself.
    I'm planning to walk it again in 2019 as this year I'm walking Hadrian's Wall another dream of mine.
    Good luck to you all planning to walk this year and have a wonderful experience. Keith, Norfolk

Greg Canning and UnkleHammy like this.
  4. Bryan Morlock

Bryan Morlock Pilgrim Bryan

Having done one Camino, should I get the opportunity to do another my planning would only need to be about 1/10th the planning that I did for the first one, I know what my expectations are, and I know what I would do differently (not much except for the falling down part:D).

UnkleHammy and Darryl Olverson like this.
  5. Margareta Varenhed

Margareta Varenhed Member

And hopefully 1/10th of the packing. At least I had, well maybe not 1/10th but surely I could take away more than 1/10th the second time.
    The third time, I didn't get my luggage from Air France, so I had to get new gear, which made it also less heavy.
    Still, the planning is almost as good a part of the Camino as the walking itself.

UnkleHammy likes this.
  6. Kim Federici

Kim Federici Active Member

I was under $40 and was very happy with affording myself some hotels and amenities along the way

UnkleHammy likes this.