1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Start a Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Leslie, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    I am asked from time to time how to start a thread, and I also see posts asking the same. So thought it would be an idea to write instructions.

First you decide in what forum the thread belongs - this is the topic of your question. Then click into that forum.

pick a forum.jpg

Click on images to increase the size.

Next click at the top where the arrow is pointing and where it says "Post New Thread"

click to start.jpg

Make the title of the thread as relevant as possible, don't write "Question" Ask your question in the thread title. This helps other users to answer you better, it also helps when someone is looking for the same answer as you, and it helps the search function when people search for answers.

create-thread.jpg

Once you have written the post and are ready to publish click "Create Thread". If you want to add images of any kind click upload a file. If you want an email when someone answers choose your options.

Any more questions ask below.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
    dee7one likes this.
  2. KatDavis

KatDavis Member

Home Page:
    Hi Leslie,

Is it possible to make a new category, for example, in other caminos on the Camino Primitivo?

Thanks for your help and a terrific forum!

Kat

3. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Hi Kat,

done. It is now in the list of forums.

Anything else drop me a line.

4. gdavisfe

gdavisfe Member

Leslie, I want to begin a new thread and am unable to upload a .jpg file. I get a request for the file's url ???? The file is a pic from my desktop. Am I doing something wrong? If so can you help?

Thanks, gwen

5. Raine

Raine New Member

I have a dilemma as I will be travelling from Bordeaux, my flight arrives at 7.30 pm on the 22nd March 2016 but looking at the train timetables I gather this will be too late to take a train to St Jean Pied du Port. Are there any night buses from Bordeaux to St Jean Pied du Port or do I have to spend the night in Bordeaux?

I could take Ryan air, but I find that travelling with them anxiety inducing and extremely stressful. So I have opted for BA, who have said that I can take my walking sticks on the flight and have a more generous hand baggage limit and sizing.

So is there a night bus service I can take from Bordeaux or is anyone travelling the same route on the same dates?

Regards Raine

6. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi @Raine welcome to the forum! I think you can fly with Ryanair, just you must pay for baggage, if cabin baggage is not enough (and if you want to take walking sticks..) I used Ryanair in 2014 - 2flights to camino and two flights back home - without problem.

7. dee7one

dee7one Member

What if I'm getting down to the wire and have a number of different questions, like:
    -- Do albergues provide pillows?
    -- Do you take your vitamins while on the Camino?
    -- Everyone suggests ATMs as best place to get Euros, but I hear they're expensive!
    -- How do I get from Santiago to Paris?
    -- Rope and sink stopper -- yes or no?

What then?
    Thanks!
    Dee

8. daveb

daveb New Member

Thanks... I'll write a question now! I'm on extended study leave next year from my church in England and want to walk the camino for a while...