1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am ready to give up.

Discussion in 'Medical Problems' started by Attackcats, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Attackcats

Attackcats New Member

Ok, I am hoping that someone out there can give me some much needed advice for my foot problem. About a year ago i noticed that my feet were really getting dry and cracked. I just assumed it was my reoccuring atthlete's foot. So I treated it for that to no avail. I just sort of dealt with it until my partner was telling me that my feet felt all scaley. I had to wear socks for snuggle time. So I got those diomand encrustd foot scrubbers and a pedi egg. I could not believe the toughness of the skin. My heels are the worst problem. But sides of my big toes, balls ofmy feet, and sides of bottom of feet are also dry and cracked. I have sanded, scrapped and used every foot cream and vitamin ladden socks and still i can't get rid of returning cracks that really hurt. My heals crack and hurt so bad that I dread having to walk. I try to keep them moisturized. But after a weekend of pampering them and getting them looking and feeling decent, they are sore and cracking again by Wednesday. I've got insoles in my new work boots and I put moisturizers on my feet every day. What more can I do? The heels of my feet are killing me so I walk more on my balls and that causes them to hurt. I'm 38 but move like I'm much older

Thanks

2. highlander

highlander Donating Member Donating Member

do not give up......the problem is magnified by shoe wear,and some times synthetic materials in socks,lack of fresh air around the feet..

you need to go see a proffesional,because there may be underlying reasons.....think about this' your feet are stuck inside a boot or shoe for at least 8 hours aday, some times they react...it could be a combination of factors or something else.......when you have seen a proffesional..you may have to consider the type of material and sock for your feet......I had problems with my feet long time ago. in the end it was my diet,strange but true. when indoors I walk around with nothing on my feet to allow good airflow..

3. toadoftoadhall

toadoftoadhall Member

you should go and see your doctor. It may be fungal infection. Anything abnormal like this and you should get advice from professionals.
    My feet dried up and all the dead skin fell off due to dehydration after being ill for a week, but yours sounds more like fungal or bacterial.
    If they smell bad, its probably one of those.

4. Attackcats

Attackcats New Member

Thank you for your input. I have started using antifungal cream on feet in evenings after i shower, then in morning i shower to wash my feet and put moisturizer on for the day. Depends on how long i wear my shoes and how much walking I've done during day. Sometimes the smell, most times not. I try to wash my asked every week or two

5. El Condor 2014

El Condor 2014 Well-Known Member Donating Member

I still think you should see a professional, as stated below, my mother had same type of problem and it was vitamin deficiency. Diet has a big part on the condition of your feet. I am not a doctor, hence I cannot give you any advice !, Get well and have a go at El Camino !

6. toadoftoadhall

toadoftoadhall Member

I second El Condor, you should still see a doctor. I have no idea what country you are in, but a doctor, or at least visit a pharmacy, and ask to see the pharmacist. It may be a underlying condition. Hopefully not a serious one.
    Keep us informed how its going. Buen Camino, see you there.