1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Only Had 8 Dayz

Discussion in 'Live from the Camino' started by Tim Shepherd, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Tim Shepherd

Tim Shepherd New Member

UnkleHammy, hindsfeet and Wily like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Tim - Congrats on what appears to have been a very successful Camino for you and Simon. You really captured the essence of each stage as well as the Camino experience with your videos. I was flooded with such fond memories while watching them. From the St. Nicholas Albergue in Larasoaño to dining in the plaza in Los Arcos, it felt like I was back on the Camino. Clearly, you enjoyed those you walked with. Other than some low clouds in the Pyrenees, it looks like you had some great weather. What was surprising, not having been there in August, was how brown and dry looking it is. It didn’t look too crowded. Was it? Well done! When do you plan to pick up to continue on from Logroño? Buen Camino!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    UnkleHammy and Tim Shepherd like this.
  3. Tim Shepherd

Tim Shepherd New Member

Crowded, I didn’t think so, albergues were busy (and noisy as expected) weather could not of been better for walking, especially the first two stages near the Pair-of-knees, it helped massively with the lower temp for the climb especially. Weather guidelines were all over the place with advice of “do not go over the top, it is going to be a heavy storm” which we were met with not a drop of rain at all.

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  4. Tim Shepherd

Tim Shepherd New Member

Oh sorry, where i left off, you know what, i have no idea when but it will be as soon as possible, if i can wing it i will do the whole thing starting from StJPdP

Wily, UnkleHammy and hindsfeet like this.
  5. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Collect moments, not things Donating Member

Tim, really enjoyed watching the video. Throughout I was saying out loud..."Oh yeah, oh yeah, I remember that!" Met with fond memories. It looked like you enjoyed yourselves. I am sure at sometime you will continue on.......it just gets better!! Thanks Tim

Wily, Tim Shepherd and UnkleHammy like this.
  6. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Brilliant Tim – And although it is 17 years since I walked my own Camino Frances, I still recognise the route like it was yesterday !!

We more or less split the daily stages the same and I immediately recognised the Refugio at Larrasoana – We stayed the night after at Pamplona, but after that, the stages were exactly the same to Logrono – But we kept going as far as Fromista before running out of time, but then returning two years later, spending a second night in the Refugio in Fromista so as to have continuity in our Credentials and then walking to Finisterre – The End of the known world :)

I am sure that you will go back and continue your Camino and I look forwards to seeing more of your video clips

Thank You and Very Best Regards

Rob

Tim Shepherd likes this.
  7. Tim Shepherd

Tim Shepherd New Member

Thank
    Thanks so much for your reply, it means a lot, I have struggled to get back into normality since being back

RJS likes this.
  8. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

Do we ever get back to "normal" after time on the Camino? I think that it changes all of us.

9. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Collect moments, not things Donating Member

UnkleHammy....I no longer like NORMAL!!!!!!!! :D

Ginamarie and Wily like this.
  10. UnkleHammy

Neither am/do I. I failed twice and I am still trying to find a way to get back.

11. Tim Shepherd

Tim Shepherd New Member

Me neither, thanks

12. Wily

Hey UnkleHammy - Glad to hear that returning to the Camino is of interest to you. I was thinking of the advice you offered Terry last week regarding walking a different Camino other than the Francés. Have you though about either walking the Portugués or the Inglés and then on the Fisterra? I found both walks to be very rewarding offering the Camino experience just as on the CF, but in a shortened version. Walking into Santiago, after any length of Camino, and getting your first glimpse of the cathedral is a very emotional experience and one you’ll want to have. Because of my wife’s work schedule, the two week Camino is what she and I can do together and both 12-13 day hiking experiences have been most rewarding. Just throwing out an idea to you. Buen Camino!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    Corry likes this.
  13. UnkleHammy

I have been thinking of the Ingles but currently I can't afford it. Last year I got an unexpected gift that I was able to use. I have bought a Lotto ticket which might help, or as usual it just lets me throw some cash away.

Wily likes this.
  14. Wily

Hey Unklehammy - The Inglés would be an excellent choice. Fingers crossed that you can put it together. Buen Camino!