1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IBUPROFEN...assure me I'll find it...

Discussion in 'What equipment should you use and take' started by Lotti, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Lotti

Lotti New Member

If I don't pack it can someone assure me I'll find it there? I know there are pharmacies BUT just want to make sure the familiar stuff for me is there.
    Thanks tons,
    Lotti

2. Dollmac

Dollmac Member

Yes it is available there and the spanish name is similar. I read it somewhere here but can't find it now

3. Dollmac

Dollmac Member

Lotti I found it !!
    Ibruprofeno in Spanish and costs about €2.50 for 48 x 600mg tablets in any pharmacy

4. Lipka149

Lipka149 Active Member

Lotti dear, I will be happy to pass along a couple of hundred ... they really ARE NOT something you want to be without. They weigh next to nothing ...

5. BoxOfFrogs

BoxOfFrogs Member

Magic pink pills.......

6. cherylpatton

cherylpatton New Member

Dublin, Virginia & Rogersville, Tennessee
    That's a better deal than ours! However, I already have a small bottle included in the pack :) thanks to Alan, who said, "Never leave home without it!"
    Cheryl

7. moostewart

moostewart New Member

my first job was as a Lab Technician testing the quality of Ibuprofen....just thought of that!

8. lhlyda

lhlyda New Member

I developed a reaction to that stuff, I nearly died, lol he is up, he's ok!!!

9. grayland

grayland Member

Actually...that price for 48 ea 600 mg Ibuprofen seems very wrong. I bought some earlier this year at a much higher price.
    In the U.S. the maximum strength is 200 mg. The recommended max daily dose is 1200 mg ( I am pretty sure).
    In Spain you can buy 200, 400 or 600 mg tablets. Would not take too may of the 600 mg each day.:eek:
    I think you will find that there is something wrong with the price you found. My experience is that ibuprofen is a little bit more expensive in Spain.

10. Covey

Covey Active Member

The price of Ibruprofeno in Spain is less than €3 for 48 x 600mg tablets. I always stock up when I am in Spain cos the price in a UK supermarket is 5 times that or more.

The 600mg tablets are only available by perscription in the UK and the supermarkets in the UK will restrict you to 24 200mg tablets in one purchase.

The maximum dose for an adult is 1800mg per 24 hours and after 48hrs you should see a doctor.

On the Camino I always take 1 x 600mg tablet before going to bed and I never wake up in the mornings with stiff joints or muscles.

The real price killer in a Spanish pharmacy is Vaseline. Last year a friend of mine wanted some and was charged €4 for a tiny little pot containing about 5g of the stuff. In my local supermarket €4 would get you a 500g pot!!.

Forgot to mention::: There is no pharmacy between St Jean and Roncesvalles. (unless you take the winter low level route) There is no pharmacy at Roncesvalles, but there is a pharmacy at the next village past Roncesvalles where we stop for breakfast on Day2 BUT the pharmacy does not open until 10am. There is no pharmacy at Zubiri. Make sure you have enough medical stuff to last until Pamplona. There you can get anything and there are dozens of pharmacys in the centre.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  11. grayland

grayland Member

Thanks Covey for correcting the errors in my post.