Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Information About Walking In Spain

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Topics' started by UnkleHammy, Mar 15, 2017.

1. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

I just got my Credencial from www.americanpilgrims.org and in it there was this short set of extra information.

Attached Files:

Crepes4Suzette and hindsfeet like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey UnkleHammy - Where will you be starting your Camino this year? Do you have dates yet? Were you able to find a good deal on an airfare? You must be excited! Buen Camino!

3. UnkleHammy

I'll be in Saint Jean on 11 May leaving on 13 May and getting a ride to the grave. After that I'll just have to take each day one at a time. I have a return flight some time in July and plan to pay the blood money for an early return. An open ticket was much more expensive paying the blood money for the return. And I don't think the air fair was great, but I paid it yesterday. Now to get reservations.

Josh unçu, Crepes4Suzette and Wily like this.
  4. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Donating Member Donating Member

How exciting UnkleHammy! Will you be blogging your days? Would love to follow you. Are
    you flying into Paris, Madrid, or somewhere else? I am still debating whether to purchase
    roundtrip or open ended as well. After the Camino I hope to travel around France for a few
    weeks

5. UnkleHammy

I am flying from Fresno, with several changes of plane/airline, into Biariatz. Then getting a shared taxi to Saint Jean. I might do a blog, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. First I have to get the IRS happy, then I can learn something new.

When I checked the open return option it was much more expensive than a round trip with paying a penalty.

Josh unçu and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  6. Josh unçu

Josh unçu Member

Nice to see you on the trail , back, again UnkleHummy-
    I will be ahead of you clearing the Way if it is needed, as my countdown goes at 32 & down.
    In reference to: ((( this short set of extra information in your Credencial )))
    " .... all pedestrian, when circulating in the roadway or the shoulder, must be fitted with an illuminant or approved reflectors that are visible at a minimum distance of 150 metres for drivers approaching him"
    Whishing the best-
    ULTREIA!!!!
    J.Ç.

Wily and UnkleHammy like this.
  7. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey UnkleHammy - You might check with the folks at Express Bourricot for getting you to SJPP. They were my first choice last year for the last leg of the trip. Unfortunately, they were't picking up any other pilgrims in Bayonne the day I arrived. For 19€ , assuming a full van, from the airport in Biarritz to SJPP it would certainly be more convenient than taking a taxi and then the train. It might also save you some significant time particularly if you have to wait in Bayonne for the train. The folks at Bourricot are very delightful to deal with and by simply sending them an email, you'll find out if they're already scheduled to pick up others at the airport. If no others are being picked up right now, that might very well change closer to your flight date. It's the easiest way to get to SJPP. Buen Camino!

Crepes4Suzette and UnkleHammy like this.
  8. UnkleHammy

Already did that plus using them for a ride to the grave.

Crepes4Suzette and Wily like this.