1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ingles In June

Discussion in 'Camino Ingles' started by Mark Stevens, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mark Stevens

Mark Stevens Peregrino

Home Page:
    I start on Camino Ingles on June 1st going all the way through to Finnesterre in 7 days. I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 https://markscaminoblog.wordpress.com and had a fantastic time. We found the albergue/hostel listing we were given in SJPP invaluable and wondered if anyone had an Ingles listing they can share ?

mark

Wily likes this.
  2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Mark - My wife and I leave in about 6 weeks to begin our Camino Inglés in Ferrol. I know the list you’re referring to as I received a copy of it as well in SJPP. For our planning, I’ve gone back to two of my standards. I have the Brierely guide that includes both the Inglés and the Finisterre routes. In addition, I found Gronze.com helpful in identifing possible places to stay. My observation from my research is that there do not appear to be the number of albergues along the Inglés as we were accostumed to seeing along the CF. However, there are a great number of hostels and inns (of course generally more expensive), so accomodations are available.

We walked the Portugués last year at the same time of year. However, this year, we’re walking during Holy Week. Although we had the Portugués almost to ourselves, I’m anticipating seeing many more pilgrims this year heading to Santiago right before Easter. After we complete this Camino, I’ll be happy to share any helpful information I find along The Way with you. As we have the time, we’re stretching out our walk over eleven days plus a couple rest days in Santiago to celebrate Easter and my wife’s birthday. Buen Camino!

hindsfeet, UnkleHammy and Ginamarie like this.
  3. Mark Stevens

Mark Stevens Peregrino

Home Page:
    Hi Wily,

Thanks for the note. The Portuguese is the next on my list, or the primitivo. can't decide. any tips from your camino gratefully received and have a fantastic time.. buen camino. Mark

Wily likes this.
  4. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Mark - My wife and I really enjoyed the Portugués from Porto up to Santiago. Although we took the central route, I’ve read how others have equally enjoyed the Coastal route. I will say it was a different sort of Camino since I walked with my wife rather than alone. We had a wonderful time sharing this experience and now have the Inglés to look forward to. My blog listed below this posting will give you a pretty good flavor of our walk.

Speaking of blogs, thanks for sharing yours. I’ve never been completely pleased with Blogger or Blogspot as using it is not all that intuitive. After seeing yours, I’m switching over to Wordpress. As I’ve just started to play around with it, I’ve already been much more successful than I would have imagined in just one short afternoon. Many thanks. Buen Camino!

5. Mark Stevens

Mark Stevens Peregrino

Home Page:
    Thanks wily. Wordpress is pretty easy and does a good job for free. What’s your blog address again ?