1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Julianna, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Julianna

Julianna New Member

My first journey is starting in July...super excited but nervous :) Is anyone else starting then?:)

Crepes4Suzette and Wily like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Julianna - Welcome to the Forum. In July, you will find at least 300 fellow pilgrims starting out with you from SJPP on the morning you leave. You will have plenty of company and undoubtedly make some very good friends along The Way. Buen Camino!

Crepes4Suzette and danvo like this.
  3. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Julianna, forget to be nervous :) stay excited :D It's great experience, be happy ;)

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  4. Magwood

Magwood Super Moderator

Welcome Juliana. I still get excited, even after four caminos!
    Happy planning.

UnkleHammy and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  5. Newforest john

Newforest john Member

Hi Julianna,

I'm looking to start my first camino somewhere around the end of June. Haven't really fixed a date yet as I have a 300 mile hike in UK to do first. Like you I'm slightly nervous but feeling more and more excited. May see you on the path...

6. Gary May

Gary May New Member

Hi Julianna, I'm starting my first journey in July also! I'm in planning / excitement overdrive (though not to the point of arranging an actual schedule - the journey will go as it is meant to!) What dates are you going? I'm arriving on 16th July

UnkleHammy likes this.
  7. keithlundy1

keithlundy1 Active Member

Hi Julianna, I arrive on Monday 24th July and start the next day. I must admit I was very nervous when I walked it in 2015 but that soon disappeared the day I started walking, This time I've been excited from the moment I planned to walk it again. I'm now counting down the days and so looking forward to that very first day walking up the French Pyrenees, it's not easy but when you get to the top wow what a sense of achievement and it only gets better as each day passes. You will love your journey and feel extremely proud when you walk into Santiago. Good Luck Buen Camino Keith, Norfolk

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  8. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Keith - Couldn't agree with you more about the sense of accomplishment that crossing the Pyrenees is! Starting any Camino is exciting, but to get to walk the Napoleon Route on day 1 of the CF is an amazing beginning. I remember sitting on the terrace of Casa Sabina in Roncesvalles that afternoon after finishing this stage. A very diverse group of us from all parts of the world were on a real high for having finished the walk and the sense of achievement that came with it. I was fortunate enough to have a beautiful sunny day for my crossing. The views were tremendous! First timers really have something to look forward to! And, you're also correct that the Camino experience only gets better from there on. Buen Camino!