Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Last 100 Km

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cruiser9608, Apr 4, 2017.

1. cruiser9608

cruiser9608 New Member

How hard is it to find where to get stamped twice a day on the last 100 km?

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    This is very simple – Your accommodation will have one of the two required Cello’s and either your lunch stop or any coffee / drink stop during the day will have another- Or also if you visit a church

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

UnkleHammy and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  3. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Cruiser - Stamps are everywhere! Albergues, cafe/bars, churches, information offices, everywhere. You will see many places advertising that they offer a pilgrim "sello". Just ask! They're fun to collect along The Way! They're my favorite Camino souvenir. Buen Camino!

4. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Cruiser, if you want to walk only last 100km, take another part of Camino Frances. This is most busiest part. Not recommended by me. And if you want to walk whole camino from SJPP, you need only 1 stamp daily although it is last 100km. Of course, if you take another part, you can't get Compostella.

5. JTD

JTD Member

Home Page:
    Two stamps per day? Is this a new thing introduced since 2012 or did I miss something when I walked?

I'm with danvo though - if you are only walking 100kms, perhaps choose another 100kms! The final few days of the Camino for me were a frustrating disappointment. Very busy which is one thing, but the shouting and cheering was a bit much for me!

6. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi JTD

No – I think it is an old rule – But ONLY for those who are just walking the last 100km and wanting to be certain that there aren’t any issues when claiming their Compostela – I have only ever collected a single daily stamp, but the only short Camino I have walked is The Camino Ingles, but I had no issues claiming my Compostela then, even with one stamp per day in my Credentials ;-)

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

BTW – I Completely agree about the last 100km of the Camino Frances and IF I had to choose a last 100km, I would set off at Baamonde on The Camino Norte – But this also involves the last 2 days on the Camino Frances :-(

UnkleHammy and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  7. JTD

JTD Member

Home Page:
    Hi Rob,

Ahh, I see. I thought maybe I had missed something last time around and thought I'd chip in and ask as I'll be walking again this summer! Thanks for the reply.

Jimmy.